News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

yes Kaiser Wilhelms!!!

but in the article description is written (translated):

"you are bidding on a picture of a huge medal bar" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:violent::violent::angry::angry::violent::violent:

that`s really unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by HeikoGrusdat

Hello Hardy:

This fellow seems to be offering to sell pieces that are not his. The bar that you mention is indeed the Wilhelm II bar that was sold by Thies. If you look carefully, he doesn't actually have any of the items. He has merely taken photos of the items from the catalogue. His descriptions state "Please see the picture of the group...etc.". I'm sure that all of the bids are not genuine (they are hidden of course). He has only a 13!!! feedback score. If some poor fellow actually bids, I believe that after paying, they will get a photo (taken from the Thies catalogue w/o permission) in the mail and a note of thanks. If you want to have fun, ask him for additional photos with the reverse of the items. I'm sure that he will come up with some wonderful excuse why this can't be done!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

yes Kaiser Wilhelms!!!

but in the article description is written (translated):

"you are bidding on a picture of a huge medal bar" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:violent::violent::angry::angry::violent::violent:

that`s really unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! that is exactly what is happening here

Hello Hardy:

This fellow seems to be offering to sell pieces that are not his. The bar that you mention is indeed the Wilhelm II bar that was sold by Thies. If you look carefully, he doesn't actually have any of the items. He has merely taken photos of the items from the catalogue. His descriptions state "Please see the picture of the group...etc.". I'm sure that all of the bids are not genuine (they are hidden of course). He has only a 13!!! feedback score. If some poor fellow actually bids, I believe that after paying, they will get a photo (taken from the Thies catalogue w/o permission) in the mail and a note of thanks. If you want to have fun, ask him for additional photos with the reverse of the items. I'm sure that he will come up with some wonderful excuse why this can't be done!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Yes, did you see his other offerings of catalogue pictures?

Regards, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

a mate of mine should me an auction involving some very expensive sound equiment last year where the same thing happened the guy in is description did state it was only a picture of this piece of equimnet but somebody spent 4 grand thinking they were getting a bargin and only got a picture at the end!and from what i heard they didnt get there cash back!!can someone post pics of the bar as id love to see it!!!!

I agree with what has already been said. Scandalous :banger: , specifically if you don't understand German. The bidder is only bidding on a picture!!!! But, it is written.... So "legally", I don't know if it is possible to sue him... But fully unfair and scandalous way to do business!!!!

Ch.

I agree with what has already been said. Scandalous :banger: , specifically if you don't understand German. The bidder is only bidding on a picture!!!! But, it is written.... So "legally", I don't know if it is possible to sue him... But fully unfair and scandalous way to do business!!!!

Ch.

earlier today, before the listings were pulled by eBay, this (ripped off) catalogue picture was well over one-thousand Euros -

I wouldn't be to shure that this is legal......he doesn't own the bars,he hasn't got the right on Thies pics-if that would go to court it could easily backfire on him! before the old auctions where deleted Wilhelms bar(or better the pic) was more than 1000!!! euros..........

Micha

these kind of scams just floor me. P.T. Barnum was quite correct..... a sucker is born every minute.

Do you think that bar would reach the 250,000 mark, if it were to sell legitimately?

Hello again everyone:

It is rather obvious to me that no one is bidding this high on these photos and that most of the bids are "shill" bids (at least I hope that this is the case). The way that this fellow has written the description though doesn't really state WHAT he is selling. He merely states "refer to the photograph". Obviously, Ebay will NOT do anything as they don't care. I believe however that Herr Thies may have a problem with someone selling unauthorized copies of excerpts from his publications. This is indeed illegal here in the US and in Germany.

Perhaps the threat of a copyright infringement suit would shut down his little scam attempt.

Best regards,

"SPM"

It's not difficult to throw up a fake buyer ID on ebay... :rolleyes: so if some poor bidder should bid 15000euro and mention on the feedback 2 days later that they paid cash and only got a photo instead of the bar he would have some heavy fees to pay ebay :rolleyes:

C

Hello everyone:

He is back at it again. This time he is purporting to sell an actual medal group! Again, it looks as though he has taken a photo of a photo for his listing. Someone should ask him for a photo of the reverse for fun!

http://cgi.ebay.de/6er-Ordensspange-100-ig...1QQcmdZViewItem

Simply amazing!

Caveat emptor!

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister