News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello

If anyone has photos with victory markings, please post them here. Aircraft, artillery and armour, of any nation and conflict.

All the best

Snoopy

This original photo, is my humble contribution.

Edited by Snoopy

The black marks indicate vehicles and the white ones, air craft in this photo?

I believe that you are correct. Beneath the two white rings, a silhouette of an aircraft, is painted on the barrel. I believe that the dark rings, are for vehicles.

Snoopy

11 on the barrel

some day the barrel broke

Now it's easier to show whole pages of the album

21 victorys - for 2 victorys the whole unit got "Abschusswimpel" - little flags that were raised at a pole near the firing position

Maybe one remark.

In a ground-to-air combat the whole battery got the markings on all guns, cause the whole battery fired at the airplanes together and it was probably impossible to name the gun which made the "final hit" to kill the airplane.

Robert

Hello Robert

Wow, that's the best pictures I have ever seen. It gives me a lot of painting ideas, for my scale modelling. The gun barrel, that looks like a banana peel, must really have gone off with a bang. :speechless1: The picture with the abschusswimpel is very interesting. I have never seen those before.

All the best

Snoopy

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 years later...