News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 2 months later...
    • Replies 71
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Three first type WW2-1950s versions, all made by the Victory Factory in Moscow... different dies, different enamel shades:

We think of these no fringe ones as "WW2" but I've got personnel file photos of early 1950s Lieutenants who were too young for wartime service wearing this type.

Thanks to a friend and member here i could add this really nice Guardsbadge to my collection. He knew, i allways wanted a wartime one and today this one was in the mail :cheers::jumping:

Thank you very much again :beer:

Wounderful example Gerd :P

• 2 years later...

We think of these no fringe ones as "WW2" but I've got personnel file photos of early 1950s Lieutenants who were too young for wartime service wearing this type.

I've been thinking about this too. Technically Guards Badges weren't awards but unit insignia, so if a soldier left a guards unit to join a non-guards unit, I assume he had to give the badge back to the guards unit (the same applying for retired or demobilised conscripted personnel). So after the war, when millions of conscripts left military service, they had to give their Guards Badges back and the state was stuck with millions of badges. Did the state just recycle these after the war and hand them out to new guardsmen? Or could all men who left a guards unit or military service keep their Guards Badges?

I've been thinking about this too. Technically Guards Badges weren't awards but unit insignia, so if a soldier left a guards unit to join a non-guards unit, I assume he had to give the badge back to the guards unit (the same applying for retired or demobilised conscripted personnel). So after the war, when millions of conscripts left military service, they had to give their Guards Badges back and the state was stuck with millions of badges. Did the state just recycle these after the war and hand them out to new guardsmen? Or could all men who left a guards unit or military service keep their Guards Badges?

Auke,

As far as I know, servicemen kept their badges when they left their units/service.

Marc

• 1 year later...

Okay... can't resist posting this. No idea who got it. I spotted it a few days ago and watched it for the heck of it. Thought it would either not sell or would go nuts. I'm assuming it's a fantasy piece as I've NEVER heard of these having a special type for award to foreigners... and of course they were not really an award but simply a badge showing membership in a Guards unit.

Other than the rather flat appearance to the obverse it seems to be a heavy piece with a very well made coke bottle style pin and clasp arrangement.

Anyhow would love to know if anyone has seen one of these before or knows anything about them or who is making them/putting them out. It had 19 bids (Ebay) went for $31.00 and $3 shipping.speechless1.gifspeechless1.gifspeechless1.gifspeechless1.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 4 months later...

Sadly it doesn't have it's original screwback nut. Although this may have been done by the vet after losing the original... we'll never know. But for what I got it for I'm not complaining.jumping.gifjumping.gif Besides, I think it adds character.

Dancheers.gif

Haupman nise badge! The one you posted above , you are right. fantasy! It's pretending to be Czechoslovakian made by 'Zukov' :beer:. Unforchunatly for the creators of this Czech and Slovaks are using Latin alphabet :lol: or if it's kinda Soviet one they had to study Slavic alphabet at first А instead of Д and Н instead И, just doesn't look right

Request for the gent

Chris S

who has old Navy Guard badge can we see the back and screw plate please.

Edited by ph3s

• 2 years later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Okay... can't resist posting this. No idea who got it. I spotted it a few days ago and watched it for the heck of it. Thought it would either not sell or would go nuts. I'm assuming it's a fantasy piece as I've NEVER heard of these having a special type for award to foreigners... and of course they were not really an award but simply a badge showing membership in a Guards unit.

Other than the rather flat appearance to the obverse it seems to be a heavy piece with a very well made coke bottle style pin and clasp arrangement.

Anyhow would love to know if anyone has seen one of these before or knows anything about them or who is making them/putting them out. It had 19 bids (Ebay) went for $31.00 and $3 shipping. :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1:

Dan :cheers:

Guten Tag Herr Hauptmann,

I realise that I'm a wee bit late with my comment but.......I have one of these funny, fantasy pieces in my collection, as a curiosity. The fellow I got it from told me that he bought it from a vendor near the Brandenburg Gates in the mid 1980s when he was serving in Berlin with the British Armed Forces. Moreover, he said that the piece was "German made", which seems to make sense because of the type of pin used. I find this piece especially amusing because of the use of Latin letters thereby misspelling Guardia.

Cheers

Jim

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2012/post-6857-0-41673500-1347608088.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2012/post-6857-0-22777900-1347608120.jpgG'day Guys,

Since there hasn't been one posted yet I just thought you might like to see an example of the early Ukrainian Guards badge,

• 2 weeks later...

I need a Russian Federation version!!! Have you seen one of these on Ebay lately?

Paul

QUOTE(Soviet @ Apr 4 2006, 10:13 )

Very nice Gerd! I still doesn't have a wartime example in my collection. sad.gif

Nor do I :-( Nice badges Gerd and Rick! I like the patina on these!

G'day Paul,

If you're still looking for a WW II Guards badges, as well as a Post Soviet Guards badge, I can help. Get in touch with me and we'll get you fixed up.

Best regards,

Jim