News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schwarzburg Cross 2nd Class With Oak Leaf

I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but is this a Rudolstadt or Sondershausen?

Either way, the answer to your question would be very few, if any. :cheers:

Hello !

After 1909, prince Gunther Victor of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt is also regent of the Schwarzburg-Sondershausen principality. So I think after this date (28/03/1909), all awards must have "FG" initials on the back... Am I right ?

:cheers:

Guest Rick Research

What is the entire medal bar? The very limited list of suspects may make it identifiable. And yes, Sondershausen or Rudolstadt does make a difference and may be crucial.

Everybody all together now:

Show the reverse!!!

:catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Nevvvvver mind. It was phoned in to Gnome HQ for in-paws description. :catjava:

Very intersting that the award Urkunde reveals a recipient previously unknown. :jumping:

These are what I will only call Dementedly Rare until the happy time when the Rolls are published.

Once in a lifetime.

Lucky man. :cheers:

Nevvvvver mind. It was phoned in to Gnome HQ for in-paws description. :catjava:

Very intersting that the award Urkunde reveals a recipient previously unknown. :jumping:

These are what I will only call Dementedly Rare until the happy time when the Rolls are published.

Once in a lifetime.

Lucky man. :cheers:

Ok, alright...

No wait...what?

So this is...huh? Hold on?

What just happened here? I thought we were going to see the whole bar, and reverse. Now, were are not? Or can't. He has the award doc :jumping: , anddddddddddddddddddddddddd?

Can we see the doc? Name, rank, etc?

I kindof lost the tail on this tiger of a conversation.

Guest Rick Research

It's in transit and just had a phone call in passing.

So I used my personal clout to divert an international flight just to satisfy my idle curiosity. :whistle:

The last cousin never let me do things like this. :catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Has it come to live with you after the OMSA Convention?

I've tried finding him... no luck in whatever reserve military status he must have had, from my sources.

But given the numbers, I doubt any of us will ever see another "SEK2E" again. :cheers:

Has it come to live with you after the OMSA Convention?

I've tried finding him... no luck in whatever reserve military status he must have had, from my sources.

But given the numbers, I doubt any of us will ever see another "SEK2E" again. :cheers:

Yes, my special courier brought it along for me :sleep:

I believe that there must be only a few. Nimmergut lists the 7 1st class recipients including 4 where the oak leaf cluster was promoted due to the recipient already having received the 2nd class with oak leaf cluster.

Anyway, here the document:

Guest Rick Research

Guard the set well-- you will never find another.

I hope your courier's diversion was not TOO inconvenient. :catjava:

Sadly, Research Cyborg data on Schwarzburg 1914-18 remains incomplete. We cannot do EVERYTHING and others are not as persistent and dutiful as Daniel and I are. :whistle:

Guard the set well-- you will never find another.

I hope your courier's diversion was not TOO inconvenient. :catjava:

No, I don't really trust mail or normal courier service, its always best to wait if one can and have stuff hand delivered.

No, I don't really trust mail or normal courier service, its always best to wait if one can and have stuff hand delivered.

Hi Andreas!

Congrats for your newly acquired beautiful medal bar! :cheers::beer::love: I saw it too on Ebay and wondered why the auction ended so abruptly... ;-)

Ciao,

Claudio

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I have been going back over all my notes and also older threads regarding Schwarzburg decorations, such as this one.

The medal bar is not Bielfeld's. Someone must have married the document to the medal group later.

Regarding the document:

Dr. phil. Ernst Peter Heinrich Harald Bielfeld, *14.6.1863 in Sprottau, † 15.9.1933 in Arnstadt; Geheimer Regierungsrat, Oberbürgermeister and Landtagspräsident in Arnstadt.

• SEK2E on 30.7.15

• SEK1 on 24.11.18

He did not have the Oldenburg order or the Centenarmedaille, but he did have the Rote-Kreuz-Medaille 2.Klasse and the Schwarzburg-Sondershausen Regierungsjubiläumsmedaille. So not his medal bar.

The medal bar belonged to:

Georg Alfred Gottlieb v. Witzleben, *16.3.1870 in Angelroda, †19.11.1936 in Dornheim.

• SEK2E on 9.3.18 as Maj.d.Gd.L. and Führer, Garde-Landsturm-Infanterie-Bataillon Nollendorf G/10.

• previously an active officer, the DOA 1908/09 shows him with the OV3c and Cent. He was also an Ehrenritter of the Johanniterorden.

Besides Georg's SEK2E, the brothers Witzleben auf Angelroda are well-represented on the SEK rolls. Friedrich-Karl received the SEK1X (and earlier the SEK2X). Job Wilhelm Friedrich received the SEK1E. Hermann received the SEK2X. Also, Friedrich Karl's son Job Ernst received the SEK3X. Georg's was from Sondershausen. The others were from Rudolstadt.

Best regards,

Dave