Unidentified WW2 Kriegsmarine Signatures

Who knows who was the commander of Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung I (http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/MarineArtAbt/MarineArtAbt1.htm) ?

I Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung was dissolved in August 1939. Although that stamp says that unit name I think the signature belongs to the Kdr of 1. Ersatz-Marine-Artillerie-Abteilung. The Kdr of I MAA from 1938 to the unit desolving was Dothias Wiarda. The signature looks like it is saying Stornack but I can not find that name in the Lohmann/Hildebrand volume.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

it should be Korvettenkapitän Wilhelm Hornack.

Uwe

Yep - checking the Lohmann/Hildebrand volume it shows that he was indeed the Kdr of I.Ersatz-MAA from October 1939 to January 1940. Killed on 14th April 1940 during the Norway invasion as Kdr of Marine-Stosstruppabteilung (Kriegschiffe Gruppe 2).

Edited by hucks216

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 21:12, hucks216 said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it is a U-Boat commander? Kapitän zur See is too high a rank for a U-Boat commander and possibly too high for a U-Boat Flotilla commander, especially wartime.

Maybe I'm wrong , but whoever she signed up for?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a Feldpost letter posten in Memel April 1942, by a Kapitänleutnant with a name of ?  von Bischotti ? Or ?

the Feldpostnumber is M03184 but on the front i looks like M06121 ? 
I Know that it was a Uboat base in Memel , but of course he could have been anything in Kriegsmarine. 

BFD5E134-B171-415E-AD6F-D76EA16C69AB.jpeg

5854FCD9-700A-4BB8-A478-DD91945CB6F5.jpeg