News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Many officers groups have plenty of enamle and sexy awards on the bar that an "other Rank" would never get... so I thought a thread with NCOs bars would be kinda interesting.... Maybe anything up to "Feldwebel" and awards you did not have to be an officer to get? Does not even have to be top line awards, just good solid NCO stuff....

Here is the group for Franz Riethmann of the Bavarian 22 Reserve Infanterie Regiment. The Helmet plate was not his, it is simply for decoration.rieth.thumb.jpg.f4622efe084186c77d0bcb9a

Great groups guys. Sometimes NCOs bars are better then officers bars.

One if my favorite groups is this one.

VzFw Max Kampf an Saxon NCO who served in DSWA from 1904-06. Awarded with MEZ2, FAM bronce and DM for SWA. On WW1 he joined the air service as an pilot and served with KAGOHL 1 1916-17. He was one of few Saxon pilots who received the St.Heinrich medal. 

The fact that both documents (pilot and commemorative badge) survived makes this group one of my favorites.

image.thumb.jpg.e8278f3be272cfa4652289bf

Edited by jaba1914

Great groups guys. Sometimes NCOs bars are better then officers bars.

One if my favorite groups is this one.

VzFw Max Kampf an Saxon NCO who served in DSWA from 1904-06. Awarded with MEZ2, FAM bronce and DM for SWA. On WW1 he joined the air service as an pilot and served with KAGOHL 1 1916-17. He was one of few Saxon pilots who received the St.Heinrich medal. 

The fact that both documents (pilot and commemorative badge) survived makes this group one of my favorites.

Wow.... that probably takes the cake..... !

Hi Chris,

don't rush. There are a lot of great NCOs group around.

My second favorite is the group of:

VzFw Georg Markert enter the war with 5. bayer. Res. Feldartillerie Regiment where he remained until 1917 when he changed to air service. After pilot and single seater training he joined Jasta 76b. He had one victory on 30.05.1918 but died the day after on a dogfight. He was awarded the Ehrenbecher pothum.

VzFw_Georg_Markert.thumb.jpg.4a60ea7b600

This is one of my newest NCO bars just in on Friday. I have a couple other ones I like better but this one is still here for pictures. Those of you who know me know that I am not a fan of bars with the 14/18 cross on them but I do make exceptions. Here is one I could not pass as you just don't find them. A three kingdom bar to boot!

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0448.JPG

Hi Andreas,

Do you know the criteria for the small golden baden Verdienst medal on Karl Friedrich ribbon ? For service as opposed to bravery? Why such a small number of awards?

I´ve sent you a PM.

On this ribbon it is for military merit, for civilian merit the medal was awarded on a yellow ribbon.

Best wishes

Andreas