News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Glory Medals

Guest Darrell

They can vary tremendously depending on type, serial number, era, etc. A Major New Jersey Dealer has singles in the range of $130-49. A Major Trustworthy New York Dealer (more in touch with reality) has them at $35.

PM me if you need names and URLs.

Thank you Ed

The reason I asked is that I just purchased the attached little group. I was only after the Red Star and

was just curious as to the value of the others as I will sell them on. I paid $65 for the three. Can you

identify the third medal?

thanks

andy

• Replies 82
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...

Well, Although undocumented, they hold a special place in my collection...

I will start off with the second class! I am lucky as there seems to be much of the gilt remaining!

Well, no longer undocumented....

"You've got research!"

:beer:

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

Here's my two.

The new kid on the bloc, the OG2, I just got yesterday and I'm 90+% sure it's good (based on reviews elsewhere). His mate, OG3, I've had for a long time.

The OG2 I have looked at for about a year now in a local shop. The fat ring made me uncomfortable, but on a whim I bought it (and a Budapest, Warsaw and Leningrad). The price was right and the return policy good. I had also bought a Nevsky and an ORBt2v2 from the same guy last year. Both turned out good.

The serial number on OG2 (18617) dates to Feb/March '45 (thanks to Rick's wonderful database). Somebody paid for this one no doubt.

• 4 months later...
    • 4 months later...

A new one in the family! :)

It just came in from Ukraine this week.

Dear Bryan,

congratulations to that beauty :cheers: .

You have got a prototype, how a real Glory 3cl should look like :jumping: :

- worne ribbon

- medal with a lot of patina

- Spassky-tower still with rather good details

- rather low serial number

Glory & Nevski (among the common Soviet awards) bring the best results in citation-quality, when they are researched, as Dave Schwind found out :D .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

BTW: The Glory is the only, true & exclusive "In-the-Line-of-Fire"-Order of the CCCP :jumping: .