News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Good afternoon everyone, a case for what i believe to be a grand cross made by Godet has just sold on a Serbian website, would anyone know what this case is for? i have not seen any like it before...

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Stefan

originalslika_Stara-kutija-strana-za-orden-ili-za-nakit--206470255.jpg

originalslika_Stara-kutija-strana-za-orden-ili-za-nakit--206470259.jpg

originalslika_Stara-kutija-strana-za-orden-ili-za-nakit--206470287.jpg

originalslika_Stara-kutija-strana-za-orden-ili-za-nakit--206470271.jpg

Sadly, it didn't come home to me either, but it went for not a lot, if had found out or at least seen it earlier, i would have bid on it but i had no idea what was it for and saw it just yesterday before it sold... i'm still very interested to hear and find out what was it for, i do not recall ever seeing a Godet case with red interior, certainly not for the German orders, does anyone know what countries Godet manufactured for? 

On 22/08/2019 at 03:00, Stefi88 said:

i'm still very interested to hear and find out what was it for, i do not recall ever seeing a Godet case with red interior, certainly not for the German orders, does anyone know what countries Godet manufactured for? 

All I know: many! Currently some collector friends are researching Godet's full range, but their work is still in progress and I do not have access to it. Anyway, there should be something published in near future.

From craftsmanship and general look, I would assume this might well pre-date 1918. It is definitely not for a Prussian order. But, as they made awards for many different states and houses, it's not easy, if possible at all, to nail this down to a certain award. I think it's even possible (rather: likely) they used same generic boxes for different states, each with a fitting interior.

:banger:

Edited by saschaw

i will attempt to contact the buyer of the awards via private message, maybe he will agree to take a picture of the impression... so we will possibly know more but im not too optimistic about that line of research, i can link the auction but i reuploaded here the best pictures there were two more but also poor quality sadly...

All I know: many! Currently some collector friends are researching Godet's full range, but their work is still in progress and I do not have access to it. Anyway, there should be something published in near future.

From craftsmanship and general look, I would assume this might well pre-date 1918. It is definitely not for a Prussian order. But, as they made awards for many different states and houses, it's not easy, if possible at all, to nail this down to a certain award. I think it's even possible (rather: likely) they used same generic boxes for different states, each with a fitting interior.

yeah, i guessed as much, but from my research into emedals, i have found that a similar box was used only on the order of the golden flame, albeit, it is a box only for the star of the order and is much smaller with blue inlay but the style of the box is the same no doubt, i looked at the order of the sun and lion, some African awards by Godet and some Turkish, all seem to have the country or order's crest on the box and they differ from each other...

here i link the order of the golden flame:

https://www.emedals.com/an-order-of-the-golden-flame-attributed-to-the-german-chancellor-g16075