Hello, gentlemen,
Could anyone tell me which medal corresponds to the last ribbon

RIBBON BAR 1A.jpg

Japan red cross medal.

There is a matching mini chain around at ebay as well.

Prices are ridiculous.

Best,

Daniel

I saw this ribbon bar on ebay and the absurd price it sold for was absolutely insane. 

Edited by garfordhouse

Thank you very much, I just saw the chain and I liked it a lot, although I agree that the price is very high.

The ribbon bar bought it, although not for the price that appears, I made an offer and he accepted it. (knowing anyway it was expensive)

For years I wanted a pin with a crown for the order of the red eagle, and this one seemed original. The chain that I have seen now helps me to confirm it.

crown.jpg

It was first listed for 425 Euro.  Then it was reduced to 375 Euro after a few weeks.  It ultimately sold for 325 Euro.

It makes Weitze look like a bargain-basement outlet.

Weitze sells a much more expensive one, that of Ebay was accompanied by 6 eyelet brooches, and one of them with an enameled crown, which are not easy to see.
Also, sometimes shopping at Weitze, and trusting originality is a matter of faith. (which is not always rewarded with what has been received)

Weitze, just for the pass asking for € 350.00 

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/69/Feldspange_des_preussischen_Vize_Admirals_Hugo_Meurer__324969.html?t=1568912878

s-l1600.jpg

weitze K324969.jpg

Leaving aside the price (I know I have paid a lot and was aware of it) what opinions deserve this ribbon bar.
it would be possible to identify the owner by seeing the chain that is sold on Ebay and that collects more decorations

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Hello,

I am newly registered but I have been a regular visitor to this forum for many years.

@03fahnen You have compared your ribbon bar to the one on Helmet Weitze's website.  If I am going to pay this kind of money for a ribbon bar (my wife would murder me) I would choose the Weitze bar for sure. 

This bar belonged to a 3 star admiral.  There is long service military cross represented.  There is a very rare life-saving medal in the second position.  Identified bars of high ranking German officers are very desirable and good investments.  

I think your bar is very decorative but it is not in the same league as the Meurer bar. 

We have all, at one time or another, paid more for a piece than our colleagues (or wives) thought it was worth. Over time, value seems to catch up with the price we paid. There is much truth to the adage that says we have not paid too much, just purchased a bit too early. Nice ribbon. 

Mike. 

14 hours ago, Mike McLellan said:

We have all, at one time or another, paid more for a piece than our colleagues (or wives) thought it was worth. Over time, value seems to catch up with the price we paid. There is much truth to the adage that says we have not paid too much, just purchased a bit too early. Nice ribbon. 

Mike. 

Very true. Incidentally, I used to own the Meurer ribbon and ribbon bar set sold by Weitze, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Thanks again for your attention. In part, I also agree with FAR 32 that an identified piece has much more value than one that is not.

But I personally (and this is only a personal preference) do not value the history of a piece, if I cannot verify it 100%.

Throughout my life as a collector, I have seen many pieces customized by collectors and sellers with the sole purpose of increasing their value.

In this case, the only thing that mattered to me was the crown of the order of the red eagle. And this ribbon bar seemed original.

It is true as Mike says, that sometimes we pay too much ahead of time, but it is also true that in my collector's life what I have regretted most is not buying what I wanted and that my possibilities allow me to buy it, and that finally Do not buy.

As for Weitze, he is one of my reference sellers, and in his shop I have bought very good pieces but I have also seen copies and manipulations with or without intention. And in my last experiences with Weitze I am not very satisfied. As you can see in the following link. And I have many doubts in another piece that I have not yet dared to put it into consideration. and that I will present it in a new section.

A very nice bar and probably unique, ID or not.  Just a very interesting combination with some rare awards.

Great pick up!

J-

Jesus, that is crazy money for a Feldschnalle. I thought I was nuts paying 200.00 USD for a Trapetz with devices for the Crown and Schleife to the RAO.

Finally, this afternoon my little whim came home.
and I want to share with you this crown that made me do "crazy things"

IMG_3046.JPG

CORONA DETALLE 1001.jpg

CORONA DETALLE 1002.jpg

CORONA DETALLE 1003.jpg

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_3061.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3066.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

I really like the bar👍

I love it; such a unique piece.  Would be happy to own that and I only collect longer Luftwaffe ribbon bars!

Just goes to show you how much I love It.

😃

J-

Hello,

I am sure everybody agrees that this ribbon bar is decorative as I already stated above.  At 53 euros per award, it better be decorative. 😀

The owner must have had the bar made for wear on his uniform in WW1 after he received the Iron Cross.  Based on the frock-chain, he only received two combatant awards: the Iron Cross and the White Falcon Order Knights Cross.   

I also noticed the Hamburg Cross on the frock-chain.  Could this mean that he might have served in the Navy during the war?

Since he has no Long Service award, could this mean that he entered military service as a reservist to serve in the war?  I notice he did not include the Russian Red Cross awards on his ribbon bar for reasons that are obvious (i.e. the Germans were at war with Russians.)

Speaking about the Red Cross awards, one would think the owner was somehow involved in providing medical or sanitary services. However, there are no German Red Cross awards (or other awards that might indicate medical related services) represented either on his bar or on his chain.  Could this mean that the owner was not really a sanitary staffer, but rather only helped to provide some humanitarian services to Russian prisoners in Japanese detention camps around 1904-05?  

The owner was obviously Prussian, but what did he do prior to the war?  He has the 1907 Southwest Africa Medal for non-combatants, so he was somehow involved in that affair.   

He received an impressive Red Eagle 4th Class With Crown from his home state.  But could he have been a long-serving civil servant prior to the war even though he was not awarded a Crown Order?              

I have a feeling that finding out who this person is will not be as simple as looking at the State Handbooks.  I'm sure several other sources will probably have to be utilized... correct?    

Do the above questions make sense and are they relevant to the approach one would use in researching this bar?

Thank you very much.

Edited by FAR 32

Thank you very much for your comments.

I thank you FAR 32 for the interpretation of the ribbon bar

Hello 03fahnen,

I was so focused on the awards hanging on the frock-chain, I overlooked mentioning the Saxe-Meiningen War Merit Medal on your bar as one of the owner's 3 combatant awards.  For some reason, this award never made it onto the frock-chain.  Not important enough?  No room for it?    

My interpretation of the bar was actually a series of questions regarding the approach one might use in researching this bar. Maybe the members here who have a unique insight into these matters could comment on it.