News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you very much, I just saw the chain and I liked it a lot, although I agree that the price is very high.

The ribbon bar bought it, although not for the price that appears, I made an offer and he accepted it. (knowing anyway it was expensive)

For years I wanted a pin with a crown for the order of the red eagle, and this one seemed original. The chain that I have seen now helps me to confirm it.

crown.jpg

Weitze sells a much more expensive one, that of Ebay was accompanied by 6 eyelet brooches, and one of them with an enameled crown, which are not easy to see.
    Also, sometimes shopping at Weitze, and trusting originality is a matter of faith. (which is not always rewarded with what has been received)

Weitze, just for the pass asking for € 350.00 

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/69/Feldspange_des_preussischen_Vize_Admirals_Hugo_Meurer__324969.html?t=1568912878

s-l1600.jpg

weitze K324969.jpg

Leaving aside the price (I know I have paid a lot and was aware of it) what opinions deserve this ribbon bar.
    it would be possible to identify the owner by seeing the chain that is sold on Ebay and that collects more decorations

s-l1600 (1).jpg

We have all, at one time or another, paid more for a piece than our colleagues (or wives) thought it was worth. Over time, value seems to catch up with the price we paid. There is much truth to the adage that says we have not paid too much, just purchased a bit too early. Nice ribbon. 

Mike. 

14 hours ago, Mike McLellan said:

We have all, at one time or another, paid more for a piece than our colleagues (or wives) thought it was worth. Over time, value seems to catch up with the price we paid. There is much truth to the adage that says we have not paid too much, just purchased a bit too early. Nice ribbon. 

Mike. 

Very true. Incidentally, I used to own the Meurer ribbon and ribbon bar set sold by Weitze, and there's nothing wrong with it.

Thanks again for your attention. In part, I also agree with FAR 32 that an identified piece has much more value than one that is not.

But I personally (and this is only a personal preference) do not value the history of a piece, if I cannot verify it 100%.

Throughout my life as a collector, I have seen many pieces customized by collectors and sellers with the sole purpose of increasing their value.

In this case, the only thing that mattered to me was the crown of the order of the red eagle. And this ribbon bar seemed original.

It is true as Mike says, that sometimes we pay too much ahead of time, but it is also true that in my collector's life what I have regretted most is not buying what I wanted and that my possibilities allow me to buy it, and that finally Do not buy.

As for Weitze, he is one of my reference sellers, and in his shop I have bought very good pieces but I have also seen copies and manipulations with or without intention. And in my last experiences with Weitze I am not very satisfied. As you can see in the following link. And I have many doubts in another piece that I have not yet dared to put it into consideration. and that I will present it in a new section.