Jump to content
GdC26

For Chris (and others with an interest in WWI German (state) mountain troops)

Recommended Posts

Pics of the mountain troops exhibition currently on display at the Tilly redoubt of the Bavarian army museum in Ingolstadt.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

DSC_4465.JPG

DSC_4469.JPG

DSC_4472.JPG

DSC_4473.JPG

DSC_4475.JPG

DSC_4476.JPG

DSC_4478.JPG

DSC_4479.JPG

DSC_4506.JPG

DSC_4512.JPG

DSC_4514.JPG

DSC_4517.JPG

DSC_4520.JPG

DSC_4523.JPG

DSC_4524.JPG

DSC_4533.JPG

DSC_4539.JPG

DSC_4547.JPG

DSC_4552.JPG

DSC_4556.JPG

More pics to follow

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GdC26 said:

DSC_4539.JPG

This detail with edelweiss on the pickelhaube looks absolutely amazing.
Thank you very much for sharing the photos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My pleasure. I have a pic somewhere of a similar Edelweiß device in wear, I believe by Krafft von Delmensingen. I'll see if I can find it and will post it if I do.

Some more pics as promised.

DSC_4559.JPG

DSC_4571.JPG

DSC_4573.JPG

DSC_4575.JPG

DSC_4576.JPG

DSC_4577.JPG

DSC_4592.JPG

DSC_4596.JPG

DSC_4597.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BalkanCollector said:

This detail with edelweiss on the pickelhaube looks absolutely amazing.
Thank you very much for sharing the photos!

As promised.

Originalbilder (268).jpg

Originalbilder (269).jpg

Originalbilder (270).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GdC26 said:

As promised.

Very interesting photos, thank you again for sharing them!

Do you happen to know where the photo was taken? It looks a bit familiar to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BalkanCollector said:

Very interesting photos, thank you again for sharing them!

Do you happen to know where the photo was taken? It looks a bit familiar to me.

I'm afraid I don't, but seem to recall seeing the pic in one of two books I acquired this year. I'll look for it if time permits and will let you know if it gives a venue for the photograph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GdC26 said:

I'm afraid I don't, but seem to recall seeing the pic in one of two books I acquired this year. I'll look for it if time permits and will let you know if it gives a venue for the photograph.

I've checked the references I had in mind, but unfortunately could not find what I was looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GdC26 said:

I've checked the references I had in mind, but unfortunately could not find what I was looking for.

Don't bother, it probably just looks like any central European town to me. :) Thank you for your trouble!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for share,very interesting! ,regarding the place of the picture of Emperor Karl with General Kraft ,a posibility is Cernauti or Czernovitz in the Bukowina,July !917 when the German Mountain Troops were under command of the Archduke Joseph and reconquered the City. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could just give a time frame for the pic:

EH Karl was promoted to Generaloberst effective with 01.11.1916. Here he is still General der Kavallerie. 

On 26.05.1916 he got the allowance to wear the prussian Pour le merité.

This should narrow down the time frame for the pic to May - October 1916. Krafft was under EH Karl´s command from September/October 1916. I would assume the pic was taken then.

Sorry no hint for the town.

Regards

Christian

Edited by Christian1962

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, Thanks for your time frame . I forgot that EH Karl was Kaiser Karl in 1917 when the reconquest of Cernauti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew I had seen the pic recently somewhere other than in my collection. Check out: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1916_-_Albert_Reich_-_Transilvania,_intalnire_arhiducele_Carol_cu_generalul_Kraft_la_Cisnadie_p12.jpg, which gives the location as Cisnădie, Romania, and identifies the third person as PLM awardee Friedrich Wilhelm Willisen.

Kind regards, 

Sandro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Cisnadie=Heltau. The photo was also published in "Durch Siebenbürgen und Rumänien" by Albert Reich p 12.
The photographer belonged to a press-agency. The photo seems to have been sold/distributed as I know of other copies around.

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello GreyC . The most probable origin of the photo is from the footage taked at the eastern front by the Vienese Cinematograph Company Sascha Films .owned by Count Alexander Sascha Kolowrat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the link, it given the name of the photographer as Menzel.

Kind regards,

Sandro.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chris Boonzaier said:

Fantastic !!!! I really have to get there and it is not that far away....

Yes, it's well worth the visit - this is just a small part of the display at redoubt Tilly (across the Donau from the main museum). They have an excellent, Bavaria focussed, 35 room WWI exhibition there as well. Impossible to photograph properly because of the glass and the lighting, but quite impressive.

Kind regards,

 Sandro

DSC_3874.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More field grey (and in part, high ranking) tunics from the exhibition for Charles and others interested in those. Enjoy!

DSC_3880.JPG

DSC_3900.JPG

DSC_3908.JPG

DSC_3922.JPG

DSC_3925.JPG

DSC_3940.JPG

DSC_3986.JPG

DSC_3990.JPG

DSC_3993.JPG

DSC_3997.JPG

DSC_3999.JPG

DSC_4002.JPG

DSC_4003.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, the von prittwitz tunic is amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, but I was also a bit surprised by the crude details. Here is some more.

 

 

DSC_4103.JPG

DSC_4105.JPG

DSC_4108.JPG

DSC_4113.JPG

DSC_4122.JPG

DSC_4148.JPG

DSC_4413.JPG

DSC_4420.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_4423.JPG

DSC_4430.JPG

Edited by GdC26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What pattern shoulderboards are attached to Leopold tunic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bavarian fieldmarshall boards as far as I can see, with the typical Bavarian style crossed batons.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look thicker than the later patterns to me but may be the viewing angle 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, GdC26 said:

Yes, it's well worth the visit - this is just a small part of the display at redoubt Tilly (across the Donau from the main museum). They have an excellent, Bavaria focussed, 35 room WWI exhibition there as well. Impossible to photograph properly because of the glass and the lighting, but quite impressive.

Kind regards,

 Sandro

DSC_3874.JPG

Hello Gentlemen ,to me this tunic belonged to King Ludwig III ,he was a man of ample waist 

10 hours ago, GdC26 said:

More field grey (and in part, high ranking) tunics from the exhibition for Charles and others interested in those. Enjoy!

DSC_3880.JPG

DSC_3900.JPG

DSC_3908.JPG

DSC_3922.JPG

DSC_3925.JPG

DSC_3940.JPG

DSC_3986.JPG

DSC_3990.JPG

DSC_3993.JPG

DSC_3997.JPG

DSC_3999.JPG

DSC_4002.JPG

DSC_4003.JPG

Hello Gentlemen, General maximilian von Prittwitz was a tall and thick man , the tunic doesnt fits with him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...