News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...

A little off topic perhaps....

But here is the "modern" (post 1918) version of the St Henry order. 

Instituted in 1963 and as I understand it only 33 members of the order is allowed. The needle is to be returned upon the death of the recipient. So it should be very very rare. 

If anyone is interested in it, send me a PM. I consider all offers. 

P1110160.thumb.JPG.6bc778b3954ab5001ac9ffe87747c3b0.JPG

17 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

Hmmm, interesting, never heard of it. What are the prerequisites for bestowal?

Honestly, I have no idea. There is very little information to be found online about it. 

I got in a deal among some other medals. That's why I am looking to sell it. 

The only other one I have seen is the one Weitze has for sale for an extremely high price. 

But he does have a pic of the statues (I guess, my school german isn't very good). :)

Perhaps someone more fluent than me can read it and give me (us) a summary?

Sächsische St.Heinrichs-Nadel mit Krone - Sachsen Königreich - Auszeichnungen deutscher Staaten bis 1933 - Militaria / Helmut Weitze

I agree, the Weitze piece is much higher quality. Unfortunately he doesn't state what this was awarded for.

OK, just read the statutes, it was awarded for services to the memory of Saxon culture and the army, and was open to citizens of the Koenigreich as well as the Herzogtuemer.

Thanks for your reply!

I am quite certain that my piece is real but I believe it is a much later version than the one Weitze is selling. His piece is probably much older and therefore of better quality (as almost everything is). :)

Here is a piece from 2012. 

image.png.fb7024909d46a71b7d17cb38bf30aa54.png

22 hours ago, Bernd_W said:

It was also awarded for military merit. 

Good Morning Bernd, I’m going to have to disagree with you on this, the St. Henry was a bravery award only. Military Merit was awarded the Albert Order or Merit Order without swords. Unless you can show me in the statutes otherwise.

17 hours ago, Stogieman said:

With all due respects, I will disagree with these sources 

That is always allowed, but if one scrolls through the list of recipients there are a couple of names I would not credit with bravery like Paul von Hindenburg or Crownprince Rupprecht. As one descends from the grand crosses down to the lower grades the amount of bravery awards increases and military merit awards goes down. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have two, one was the first imperial order purchased from Detlev. It has damage but I like it. Sorry for the quality but its behind glass.

IMG_4887.thumb.jpeg.caeffc733456cb53ef751b19c048f75b.jpeg