News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear all,

I was fortunate enough to be able to pick up a group of ribbon bars at Zeige’s latest auction. I received them recently. I will be posting some of these, starting with some of the (pre-)ww1 bars. Let me know If better images are desired.

First up is this nice pre-ww1 trapezoid ribbon bar. I believe the last four ribbons are:

- Russia Order of Saint Stanislaus

- Greece Order of the Redeemer

- Ottoman Order of the Osmanie

- Ottoman commemorative medal to the 1889 visit of the Kaiser to Constantinople

Any thoughts on this bar? All feedback much appreciated.

Regards. Peter

1.thumb.JPG.12e6c6414e09ed8e37cfa4b566dade07.JPG

2.thumb.jpg.904a1e480a1daac6f986b8fba74e6a01.jpg

20180413_121126.thumb.jpg.3f6da58477de61618d02958766a55c05.jpg

Dear Drspeck

The bar looks original to me, and the double RAO is also not a problem IMO. I think it's a 4th class cross with crown and a 3rd class cross with Schleife. Lovely pre-WW1 medalbar.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Dear Drspeck

The bar looks original to me, and the double RAO is also not a problem IMO. I think it's a 4th class cross with crown and a 3rd class cross with Schleife. Lovely pre-WW1 medalbar.

Kind regards, Laurentius

Thnx.

Could it be Naval, 1907-1914 period? I have the pre-war Rangliste somewhere :ninja:

This is a pre-1914 Navy bar. I thought it would be easy to identify, but it was a bit tricky, because no one really fits 100%. Still, I believe this bar belonged to

Dr. Walther Uthemann (1863-1944), in 1914 Marine-Generalarzt, later Marinegeneraloberstabsarzt (equivalent to Admiral). 

He had the 1889 visit to Constantinople medal in silver, this is confirmed from other sources. His awards fit his ranklist entry from 1914 IF we assume that

- he chose to wear his Greek Redeemer and his Russian Stanislaus (of which he both had Commander grades) on his bar rather than from his neck (we have other examples of this), and

- his outfitter mixed up Osmanie and Medjdie ribbons (Uthemann had the latter one).

Regards 

Chris

Edited by webr55

:beer:

Thnx. Thats so very cool :) I can just picture it in front of me "What was that ribbon again? Red green or green red?"

Does anyone have more biographical information on Uthemann?

Edited by drspeck

• 4 weeks later...
    3 hours ago, Stogieman said:

I have not crawled the auction sites in years. That must have been some lot of bars!

For those who like to know, this was the entire lot of bars.

QKC1ZEV8.thumb.jpg.de727170ab7fcc5097c3f73738dbe523.jpg

• 7 months later...