Prussian Crown Order am Erinnerungsbande?

Would that be for WWI alone? Because my guy got it in the 1860-1870's

Only for the war 1870/71 it was determined, that persons could get the Crown Order 3rd or 4th class or the Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen with this special ribbon "Erinnerungsband" for merits behind the front. If they worked for the Red Cross, they got these decorations with Erinnerungsband and with the Red Cross on the order/decoration. So you can find on this ribbon "normal" KO3/KO4/AEZ and KO3/KO4/AEZ with the Red Cross but only awarded in 1872 and 1873.

With regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

• 1 year later...

Maybe I'm confused, but I thought the KO4 am Erinnerungsband was only awarded with the Geneva Cross.

No. See post #7

From 1871-1873 there were about 1.500 awards of the KO4 with Red Cross and about 450 awards of this order without the Red Cross on the "Erinnerungsband". May be I am a bit wrong with the numbers, can´t find the source. But I get my "Ludvigsen" in a few weeks :rolleyes:

Kind regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

Hello,

Here are the exact numbers on these awards :)

Kronenorden 3. Klasse mit dem Roten Kreuz: 396

Kronenorden 3. Klasse mit dem Erinnerungsband: 105

Kronenorden 4. Klasse mit dem Roten Kreuz: 1.783

Kronenorden 4. Klasse mit dem Erinnerungsband: 453

Cordial greetings,

Txs, then I was not to wrong :speechless:

Kind regards, Komtur.

I believe this thread once again proves that knowledge is everything. I just scanned this miniature group as I wanted to sell it. I have for many years wondered why on earth someone would mount a KO3 in a group where it obvious didn't belong as the ribbon in no way would resemble the correct one. But with this knowledge and now knowing that only 105 of these were awarded I think I'll keep it :rolleyes:

Hi larsb001,

you are on the wrong way.

Your mini don't have an "Erinnerungsband".

It is the ribbon for the "Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe" (the left one). It is the same ribbon, but not the same importance.

See the "normal" blue ribbon for the Crown Order.

Regards

Uwe