News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just negotiated this bar down a bit and pulled the trigger on it ! Seems imperial german bars Keep pulling me in ! I know it’s price it steep but I think is a pretty unique bar !  The last white falcon bar  I had I sold for abit less than what I payed for this ! So probably paid a bit more than I should have but I’m pretty happy I just don’t see white falcon bars much ! I in my mind date this bar to late 1939  ? 

Edited by scottplen

Thanks Vince ! I kept going back and forth on this bar for months and negotiating finally seller came down a bit ! Also for me an added plus is the Saxon connection ! So was he a Saxon ? Guess he could have been ? Will post better pics when bar lands !

Bar arrived today ! What a super bar ! I love this little white bird ! 

Enamel is perfect on both orders only thing EK2 a bit loose ! No sign of any sword device on Honor medal and its marked 990 on rim ! So was he a  NCO from  IR 94 before being commissioned ? I want to get a name on this one !!! 

LS award is magnetic ! 

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

IMG_2603.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

IMG_2607.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Stop at the craft store and home with a new perch for the White Falcon ! Used bent pins to hold bar down !

What do you think too plain ? I was thinking of putting maybe iron cross ribbon in two corners ?

sorry for reflection of the old man !

IMG_2611.JPG

Edited by scottplen

Nice piece. The frame and the inlet are looking old (or "old styled") - very nice (i don´t like old things hanging in modern frames)

What do we know?

-WW1: Lt. or Olt. or may be Hauptmann

After 1918; Probably a Reichwehr guy.

In around 1936: He served as a reactivated veteran in the Luftwaffe.

In 1938: March over the border to Sudetenland (occupation tchechoslovakia)

In 1939 or later: Not serving on the front, again (i guess) - only home front may be in a staff - no clasp to the IC2 1914, Ostmedaille.... - the KVK2X was also given to persons who served on the homefront (may be he got the swords for merit in cause of a bombing attack or something in that way)

The bar was made in this time.

i think in this time he served as a Hauptmann or Major or Oberstleutnant. (Stabsoffizier)

Edited by ixhs

14 hours ago, scottplen said:

Stop at the craft store and home with a new perch for the White Falcon ! Used bent pins to hold bar down !

What do you think too plain ? I was thinking of putting maybe iron cross ribbon in two corners ?

sorry for reflection of the old man !

IMG_2611.JPG

scottplen,

I would suggest a lighter colour for the back ground.  The medals seem to "fade" into the black and using a lighter colour would help to high light this nice bar.

Regards,

Gordon

Dear Scottplen,

I fully agree with Gordon, I framed some of my medalbars too last autumn and I used a bordeaux-red background, just on old sweater I had lying around. I'm a big lad, so there was more than enough to fill up several frames:P. It really brings out the colour in these medalbars, lovely effect.

Kind regards, Laurentius