News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Senior officer with two classes of the Saxe-Ernistine House-Order

Dear fellow collectors,

I would like to ask for help with identifying this senior officer, I believe the combination to be rare enough to make a correct identification. I was able to list most of his awards, to make things easier. The awards are as follows:

-EK1 ( Iron Cross 1st class 1914)

-VWA (1918 in black)

-HoHx (House-Order of Hohenzollern with swords)

-EK2 (Iron Cross 2nd class 1914)

-EH/SEHOx (Saxe-Ernistine House-Order 1st class with swords)

-LKr (Lippe-Detmold war merit cross)

-HH (Hamburg Hanseatic Cross)

-EH/SEHO (Saxe-Ernistine House-Order 2nd class)

-Unknown

-LH4 (Lippe-Detmold Princely Lippian House-Order)

-Unknown

IMG-20190529-WA0008.thumb.jpg.5633ff2a0673c9e77e9e071e3ce91c3d.jpgIMG-20190529-WA0007.thumb.jpg.64f29762cc9b05f2294a849643f1f1ff.jpg

Kind regards, and thanks in advance, Laurentius

Dear Glenn J and 1812 Overture,

thanks for your help, thanks to you we can put a name to this picture again. I do think it would be interesting to know which medals he is wearing in the sixth and eight place. 1812 Overture suggested the Regierungsjubiläumsmedaille 1902 but I don't think that's it. That medal has two big red stripes on the side of the ribbon which this medal misses. I think the ribbon is white with 2 small stripes of red perhaps?

Kind regards, Laurentius

Dear Solomon,

thanks for your correction, your help is always appreciated.

Dear Komtur,

I myself am not the owner of the picture, I asked for a German friend of mine. When I told him you would like to buy the picture I asked him for his e-mail address, which I will send to you in a private e-mail. Lovely bar btw.

Kind regards, Laurentius

12 hours ago, Komtur said:

If you sometimes decide, to give this portrait away, I would be glad to buy it :whistle:

Brünecke a.jpg

Brünecke r.jpg

Brünecke, Major a. D. Waldemar.jpg

That is what I call a SPECTACULAR medal bar... and also its picture has been found!!!! 

???

Edited by Claudio

16 hours ago, Komtur said:

If you sometimes decide, to give this portrait away, I would be glad to buy it :whistle:

Brünecke a.jpg

Brünecke r.jpg

TWO Saxe-Ernistine House-Orders on one bar!!  :speechless1:  Wow! 

And congratulations on finding the original picture.

If you ever want to sell both the bar and the picture I would be glad to buy it.  :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...
    5 hours ago, Utgardloki said:

Here's another bar with two Saxe-Ernestines:

Sorry, but this picture from a printed article was not ment for common use ...

Regards, Komtur.

Edited by Komtur

3 hours ago, Komtur said:

Sorry, but this picture from a printed article was not ment for common use ...

Regards, Komtur.

Ok, I'm sorry, I did not know that...

Unfortunately I can not delete it, so I would ask a moderator to do so...

• 1 month later...

That's a beauty, especially with these two commemorative medals. I like those very much. The heraldic motives on the backsides are stunning.

Thank You for sharing.

Edited by Utgardloki

4 hours ago, Utgardloki said:

That's a beauty, especially with these two commemorative medals. I like those very much. The heraldic motives on the backsides are stunning.

Thank You for sharing.

Unexpectedly, you still like these two wedding commemorative medals! In our case, they call me "picture thief." Although some people in this forum don't like this.

psb.thumb.jpg.937eba576d477a5fe234a68a4a27e367.jpg938671589_psb(1).jpg.69acb564eeaaed690c465b45eff54507.jpg1374496136_psb(2).jpg.a735ef413f43ec2e171b8cc7589aa9a0.jpg1345690233_psb(3).thumb.jpg.bad44f28cb1ac98bdc87508fb8a06979.jpgtimg.gif.a4c2987a96c886e781887cf9ba1c5f6a.gif

I often send this expression, he means "Your picture is very good, but it is a pity that the picture in the next second is mine"