News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

7 hours ago, 922F said:

See ebay 184951476299 and associated.  Ernst is so cheap because it lacks reverse [ACCORDING TO VENDOR] motto ring, allowing visions of epoxy!   

EAO.jpg

EAO 1.jpg

EAO 2.jpg

Thanks for this thread! The Ernst August Order is one of the Hannoverians, who is faked pretty much. Compared to the Guelphs he is easy to be copied I think I can see attributes of a cast in this one shhown above.

I am suspicious about this one as well I aquired it from E-medals last year and was never relly happy with it, The details look better, but still some suspicious blowholes like expected from a cast. What do you think about this EA Order?

One has to take into consideration, that this order was awarded even after the downfall of the kingdom of Hannover and was produced in vienna until 1900?

gmic01.png

gmic02.png

1 hour ago, VtwinVince said:

Details don't look good, do they? And unfortunately Barry has sold numerous Imperial fakes over the years.

well the details do look better than at the other cross shown here and being identified as a fake from the Schrägstrich-Faker, but still with my knowledge from today I would have send it back to Barry, if aquired today. But one year later, I guess this option is not an option anymore, but next time I will examine every order or medal bought at emedals very precisly.  

• 3 months later...

After a restful summer of not defrauding collectors, the Schrägstich Faker is back with his new Fall Line-Up of dreck for that discriminating collector... the kind with more money than good sense.

First group: the new assortment of fake medal bars assembled with modern ribbons and mostly fake medals...

s-l1600-1.2jpg.jpg

s-l1600-1.5.jpg

s-l1600-1.7.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-5.jpg

s-l1600-6.jpg

s-l1600-7.jpg

s-l1600-8.jpg

s-l1600-9.jpg

s-l1600-10.jpg

s-l1600-11.jpg

s-l1600-12.jpg

s-l1600-13.jpg

s-l1600-14.jpg

s-l1600-41.jpg

s-l1600-42.jpg

s-l1600-43.jpg

s-l1600-44.jpg

s-l1600-45.jpg

s-l1600-46.jpg

The quality of the new line of his fake Turkish material has improved a bit, and sold under his various aliases:

422.jpg

423.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-3.jpg

s-l1600-12.jpg

s-l1600-13.0.jpg

s-l1600-13.1.jpg

s-l1600-29.jpg

s-l1600-30.jpg

s-l1600-35.jpg

s-l1600-36.jpg

s-l1600-37.jpg

s-l1600-38.jpg

s-l1600-39.jpg

s-l1600-40.jpg

s-l1600-41.jpg

s-l1600-42.jpg

s-l1600-45.jpg

s-l1600-46.jpg

s-l1600-62.jpg

s-l1600-63.jpg

s-l1600-64.jpg

s-l1600-65.jpg

s-l1600-94.jpg

s-l1600-95.jpg

Edited by Simius Rex

11 minutes ago, VtwinVince said:

Well, well, the Latvian\Chinese fakers seem to be busy these days. What's next, the kitchen sink?

The seller of the above posted fakes is one and the same fraudster with several aliases.  He seems to operate in and around the region of Aachen, but his source or sources of these fakes remains unknown.  The medal bars, however, are entirely his creations with his trademark diagonal stitching.

Edited by Simius Rex

I've read comments about these fakes such as, "they wouldn't fool anybody" and "they'll never fetch any serious amount of money."

You would probably tend to disagree with these statements after checking-out the result of just one of the Schrägstich Faker's auctions...

eBay Result.jpg

Edited by Simius Rex

On 08/11/2021 at 22:26, ostprussenmann_new said:

Thanks for sharing this; I recognize many of these bars.  I had a funny feeling about them so I gave up a while ago.  Very sad.

I hope you didn't get stuck with any fake bars.  This fraudsters fake bars with fake medals fetch astonishing prices like the one below that sold recently on eBay.  It's got modern ribbons, a fake Red Eagle, a fake Albrecht Cross, a fake Afrika Medal, a fake Long Service Cross, and 4 fake combat clasps. 

Ordensspange 2.jpg

Edited by Simius Rex

unbelievable, but I often asked my self if these auctions are all real bidders. I know that these fakers work together and bid the auctions higher to lead real bidders to pay more money. One sign to recognize it, is that the bidder list is not open, so you can't follow the stream. 

Yet another, if it was needed, reason to belong and contribute to this fantastic forum.  Thank you all for contribution to this insightful series of post, and I hope it has saved someone from making a serious error.

As always Caveat Emptor, but this guys output is impressive. His latest eBay offerings are still attracting plenty of interest but all the warning signs as described in this thread are evident. Thanks for flagging this Simius Rex - I for one could well have been fooled.

• 1 month later...

Another ebay seller who sells the same junk every week, likely as a third party seller has the id of porre81. His real name is Mark Porreda. I actually have his address in Germany somewhere. He photographs all his stuff on a black background and is fond of using lots of artificial aging chemicals. I had an altercation with him once and he's a really nasty prick.