News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Orden Pour le Merite - Hersteller Wagner 938 Silber Echte Glas-Emaille ab 1919 Too many fakes on the eBay.de

Too many copies on eBay.de - Germany

told the Seller that this is copy He insists it is Original Wagner

In my Opinion it is new production with" 938'" marks on the loop and the one of the arms

Also marked "W" for Wagner on one of the arms

The PLM is presented in a new badly faked age box 

on eBay.de

Item number  314753864020

This is one of the many copies on eBay.de claiming to be original

I listed this one because the Seller very bluntly denies it is a copy although the PLM it is not near the Original Wagner made

lpmfw.png

plmfw2.png

plmfw3.png

Well  Buyer be Aware Rule apply

Edited by Graf

Graf,

Hardly 'come and buy me' at that price. I guess the seller is employing expectancy theory or maybe it just cost him too much in the first place ? Dealers have their own food chain and must get stung by predatory suppliers from time to time. As you say, Caveat Emptor every time. Thanks for posting.

Thank you

I do not know if he is the same guy This seller is from Belgium i suspect it is one of many accounts

he is a bit arrogant when i questioned the originality of two of his items he stated that Kuenker Actions sold similar

chrisnico2022 is well known, and you must read his "Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen für dieses Angebot":

(5) Alle Artikel werden von mir grundsätzlich als Sammler- bzw. Museumsanfertigungen verkauft, da es mir nicht möglich ist das Alter bzw. die Echtheit zu garantieren. Ich bin lediglich Händler und kein vereidigter Gutachter.

(5) All items are sold by me in principle as collectors or museum productions, because it is not possible for me to guarantee the age or authenticity. I am only a dealer and not a sworn appraiser.

And here at the PlM is also important: "Vermutlich zwischen 1919 - 1930 gefertigt." > Probably made between 1919 - 1930, Probably made ... !

Uwe

8 hours ago, speedytop said:

chrisnico2022 is well known, and you must read his "Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen für dieses Angebot":

(5) Alle Artikel werden von mir grundsätzlich als Sammler- bzw. Museumsanfertigungen verkauft, da es mir nicht möglich ist das Alter bzw. die Echtheit zu garantieren. Ich bin lediglich Händler und kein vereidigter Gutachter.

(5) All items are sold by me in principle as collectors or museum productions, because it is not possible for me to guarantee the age or authenticity. I am only a dealer and not a sworn appraiser.

And here at the PlM is also important: "Vermutlich zwischen 1919 - 1930 gefertigt." > Probably made between 1919 - 1930, Probably made ... !

Uwe

Hi Uwe,

When I contacted the Seller and questioned the originality of  PLM and 1st Class Star of Bulgarian Order for Bravery he replied that they are Original and I am totally wrong I did not like to argue however this PLM is post WW2 made and the Bulgarian Order is recently made one I listed my comments on this one on the Bulgarian Section.

What is disturbing fact is that even reputable sellers and Action Houses close their eyes and knowingly or not knowingly sell questionable items either by claiming that their are original or write a very vague not clear discription

On the other hand some Auction houses if they do not know the originality they write that the item might be a copy

Best Regards

At any given moment you can find about half a dozen “PLM’s” on eBay. Many offered as original but I’ve yet to see an awarded piece except in a friend’s collection. People bid like crazy on this junk and every once in a blue moon a really nice original order comes up and sells for a reasonable price. Saw an Albert Order Grand Cross go for $1.2k recently!

2 hours ago, Stogieman said:

At any given moment you can find about half a dozen “PLM’s” on eBay. Many offered as original but I’ve yet to see an awarded piece except in a friend’s collection. People bid like crazy on this junk and every once in a blue moon a really nice original order comes up and sells for a reasonable price. Saw an Albert Order Grand Cross go for $1.2k recently!

I fully agree with you

• 3 months later...
    On 19/08/2023 at 17:15, Graf said:

More pictures I "like the way the aged the new box

plmfw7.png

plmfw5.png

plmfw9.png

plmfw8.png

This PLM is for sale again If you missed the last time now is your chance (just kidding0

Also many fake German states items This Guy is very arrogant when questioned about the originality of the items

Hello everyone, 
    there are definitely no original PLMs being sold on eBay. 
    Even after the war, the owners were all organized and the 
    family certainly knew how to appreciate the value of the 
    pieces and, if so, bring them to an auction house.
    Best regards
    Walter