News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What's so special about this medal bar?

Yes, a very tasty and real NC bar, across the board. Not just a NC ribbon on the Hungarian WW1 commemorative, but the correct NC medal to match. Quite unusual. Now, part 2:

Why is the medal a NC version?

No swords on the medal itself depicted... very rare indeed... I was about to post the answer, but you were too quick to give it away! :P:P

Very nice... already the combination with a real NC IC 2nd class (only 13'000 awarded in WWI) is quite scarce... almost like a RK 1939 (7800 awarded).

But I guess such a Hungarian WWI commemoration medal for Non Combattant is much less sexy than other much more prised WWII German badges, which are more common but command an higher price.

Ciao,

Claudio

See below to better illustrate the difference between a combattant medal from a non-combattant medal.

Edited by Claudio

You can also see the difference on the back: the non-combattant does only have the dates inscription and the combattant one has a steel helmet on it.

Very nice... I saw once a single court mounted Hungarian non-combattant WWI commemorative medal with the label Godet on the back and document to go with on Ebay. Now I regret not to have bidden more at that time.

Ciao,

Claudio

W?rttemberg is a bit odd.

The Wilhelms-cross was in general a NON-COM award. It came with swords top military guys without frontline service and without swords to civilians and some kind of military Beamten.

Best regards

Daniel

how hard are the non com hungarian medals to find?

Hallo Paddywhack :beer:

They can be found on German Ebay, but, be careful as there are fake ones being offered in Zink with a silver paint-job, beware of the bubbly / blotched apperance, and repro ribbonsI will post some pictures of some in my possesion later tomorrow, too late tonight :(

Kevin in Deva :beer: