Chris Boonzaier

Sturm-bataillon ....

180 posts in this topic

Actually, he was just kidding us . . . . :P

Molke's IC document from the Kaiser for the defat of France in 1870? (that would be tough to beat--and afford) :beer:

Well, I dunno... even I am having :sleep: difficulty get excited at the delayed prospect of a "Saarland academic."

:P:catjava:

Not a female nurse, not a flyer.

He is not kidding, it is from a highly sought-after unit ...

Well, I dunno... even I am having :sleep: difficulty get excited at the delayed prospect of a "Saarland academic."

:P:catjava:

I think there may be a wee bit excitement when the unit is revealed............. :jumping:

ID: 36   Posted (edited)

My guess: Hauptmann Willy Rohr, Sturmbataillon 5 (Rohr)

Edited by Naxos

Female flying nurse who won the cross single-handedly piloting a zeppelin whilst performing a tricky operation? Maybe?

ID: 38   Posted (edited)

Female flying nurse who won the cross single-handedly piloting a zeppelin whilst performing a tricky operation? Maybe?

Nope. It would only interest Chris if the "tricky operation" were described in . . . well . . . er . . . uum . . . "full" detail.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Male yes, nurse no ...

No... Robin is on the right trail though. I wish I could tell, but I am sworn to silence... :rolleyes:

This feels quite familiar.. The only thing thats missing, is a case. :cheeky:

Well, its arrived !!!!!!!!!

But I am in Cambodia at the moment so I cannot post any pictures....

You will have to wait until I get back after Christmas.... but keep going... one of the guesses was very, very, close.....

Holy grail of fighting EKs? How many crosses did Hitler give away in his time? One to Geli, one to Eva, one to... :unsure:

Wait a minute...GOTT MIT UNS....CHRIS (B) plus "+" (EK1) (or letter "T" which is in the shape of a "cross"). Did Jesus CHRIST, the Son of God come down and fight for the Germans and win another "Cross"?

Is this why you are posting this riddle over "Xmas"?

Is this the final secret of the "Holy Grail" that the "Da Vinci Code" dared not speak of...?

How do we know you are in Cambodia and not in the Vatican right now showing the German Pope your holy treasure...?

Is this the final secret of the "Holy Grail" that the "Da Vinci Code" dared not speak of...?

Can't be - the descendant of Christ is supposedly French...so in that case it would have to be a Crux DeGuerre (or however that one is spelled....)

In all seruiousness and sanity - Chris you need to get back from Cambodia ASAP...but as that would probably cost you a wife - have a beer in the sun for all of us :beer:

No, Gefreiter or Feldwebel Christ could have been Alsatian...I'm guessing he wasn't an officer, `tho...washing his men's feet would've gotten him busted in rank.

ID: 47   Posted (edited)

And we do have good and ample evidence of Jews and non-Whites in German forces in WWI . . . and he WAS a teacher (rabbi) . . . :jumping:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Hi Ed,

I do not have evidence, but was the officer who recommended hitler for his EK1 supposed to be Jewish?

Hi Ed,

I do not have evidence, but was the officer who recommended hitler for his EK1 supposed to be Jewish?

Could it have been . . . :o:o:o