News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

House Order of Hohenzollern - info needed

New first name and some more info on a second one:

Lt dR Dr. Paul Nordmeyer from RIR 15

Olt dR Ernst v Lengerken 

From Westfälische Zeitung, 2.11.1918 

nordmeyer.png

Olt Paul Gassel was from IR 135 

From Westfälische Zeitung, 4.11.1918 

gassel.png

3 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Lt.d.R. Brix seems to be Johannes Theodor Brix. Born 29 August 1891 in Schleswig, Postassistent in Kiel 1917 later in Hamburg.

Some more info on Bavarian Olt dR Dr. Sonnenschein from FAR3, prosecutor and flyer. 

From Münchner Neueste Nachrichten, 29.6.1918  

I find two Dr. Sonnenscheins before 1919 who would fit:

Dr. Wilhelm Sonnenschein from Werden a.d. Ruhr, who received a Dr. iur. from the University of Erlangen in 1904. (NOT him)

Dr. Adolf Sonnenschein, 1886-1965, who received a Dr. iur. from the University of Greifswald in 1913. He was also Regierungspräsident in Osnabrück from 1922 to 1933: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Sonnenschein_(Verwaltungsjurist)

--->  and yes, I can confirm that he is the Bavarian Reserve  Officer "Adolf Sonnenschein genannt Wasserfall" in FAR 3. His file is in the Bavarian Hauptstaatsarchiv, with the same birthdate as the Adolf above: 

https://www.gda.bayern.de/findmitteldb/Archivalie/1095776/

sonnenschein.png

Edited by webr55

Some more info on Lt dR Dr. phil. Klausmann. The name is probably Dr. Gustav Klausmann, who is listed as Lt dR in the Verlustlisten (wounded in 1917) and who received a Dr. phil. from the University of Greifswald (same birthdate: 17. April 1888 in Heißen). 

From Stralsundische Zeitung, 10.10.1918

klausmann.png

On 04/12/2020 at 21:39, David M said:

I did not know the HHO3x came with Eichenlaub

Update: While the Royal HHOX didn't come with oak leaves, it seems that there was a version of the Princely no-swords Hohenzollern with Eichenlaub, see below one that was sold. I didn't know that, what do the Princely statutes say about it?

a_7936.jpg

On 16/09/2007 at 23:33, Komtur said:

Rick, Komtur,

Fritz Vieth was the former 3. Lothringisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 135 Vieth (Hptm 1.10.13 B50b) and still in that rank in the 1919 Dienstaltersliste. Magdeburgisches J?ger-Bataillon Nr. 4 Leutnant Vieth was promoted to Oberleutnant with a Patent of 27.1.15 J52i and was still in that rank in the 1919 Dienstaltersliste.

Regards

Glenn

Gentleman i quote this old post because im looking for a Leutnant Vieth who served in the IR 144 and was awarded with a damast IOD89 by his former unit in 1915.

I know the IR135 and IR144 formed the 67. Infanterie-Brigade

Is it possible that the Vieth of the IR144 is the same Vieth as mentioned above ( this sword was presented to him by the 4. Kompanie der 5.Lothringisches IR 144 as a memorial of his company when he got the command of the 8. Kompanie of the 5. Lothr.IR144 ( listed on 08 nov 1915 in the Regiments book of the IR144 which i own one)

I know another sword presented to Hauptmann Vieth of the IR459 ( which was formed later on in the war by remains of the IR 135.

I hope someone can shed a light on who was who in the IR144 & IR135.

Kind Regards

Ger Hessels

Vieth 1.jpg

vieth 2.jpg

vieth 3.jpg

Nice one!

Fritz Vieth, born 1880, was with IR 135 in 1914, moved then to IR 459 and retitred as Major.

Got the Hohenzollern, EKs, Brunswick 1st and 2nd class with bar and a black wound badge in WW1.

In WW2 he could add a War Merit Cross 2nd class with swords

Best,

Daniel

New first name: Lt Albert Norgall

From Frankfurter Zeitung und Handelsblatt, 13.12.1918

norgall.jpg

We may have this first name already, not sure: Hptm dR Robert May

From Frankfurter Zeitung und Handelsblatt, 24.7.1918

may-r.jpg

Edited by webr55