News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

994 were awarded in 1912, but 510 had been awarded in Jnauary 1913-- the last date the annual Prussians Orders Lists were published. During the rest of 1913 and on to the end of 1918.... ???

Very rare as well as beautiful.

It was awarded mainly at railway just like the little brother in silver. Greeting Mike

Forgive my ignorance...just a clarification but RAO said "like the little brother in silver" but the box in the photo is for a "Gold"? Is this a gold Verdienstkreuz in the photo? (The flash may make the gold look silverish). Or is it a silver with a box for a gold.

Also, I don't understand "awarded mainly at railway"? Was this awarded to railway troops?

Thanks for the education.

Hi Claudius,

on the first bad image is a cross in gold watch.

Both silver and gold class was mainly awarded to civilian railway workers.

Here in silver.

Greeting Mike

Edited by RAO

994 were awarded in 1912, but 510 had been awarded in January 1913-- the last date the annual Prussians Orders Lists were published. During the rest of 1913 and on to the end of 1918.... ???

Really?

So, @1,000 a year "normally"?

Does the Ordenslist have the tiles/jobs of the recipients?

Beautiful medal bar.

Hi everybody!

This is my contribution; a Verdienstkreuz in Silver on a 1870-71 war veteran's medal bar.

Medal bar's description:

? Preussen, Verdienstkreuz in Silber (OEK 1851)

? Preussen, DA 2. Kl. f. 12 Dienstjahre, Medaille, 2. Modell, 1913-20 (OEK 1976)

? Preussen, Alsen-Kreuz 1864 am Band f?r K?mpfer (OEK 1932)

? Preussen, Landwehr-DA 2. Kl. f. 9 Dienstjahre, Medaille, 2. Modell 1913-20 (OEK 1979)

? Preussen, Erinnerungskreuz ?K?niggr?tz?, 1866-67 (OEK 1938)

? Preussen, Kriegsdenkm?nze f?r K?mpfer 1864 (OEK 1936)

? Preussen, Kriegsdenkm?nze 1864 f?r K?mpfer mit 4 Spangen Gravelotte-St.Privat, Beaumont, Sedan, Paris (OEK 1941/1, 1941/7, 1941/8, 1941/10, 1941/24)

? Preussen, Zentenar-Medaille, 1897 (OEK 1965/1)

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

• 12 years later...
    • 10 months later...
    On 11/12/2008 at 01:35, sambolini said:

Are the center medallions attached seperately?

Yes they are, and it might be of interest the centers are usually made from real gold, while the cross itself is gilt bronze only. If you have one in hands, you'll easily notice how very thin the material used for the centers is!

:whistle:

4 hours ago, VtwinVince said:

Here's a few more.

Wow! I love the huge one, but the three place bar with that "70" jubilee button, if that's authentic, must be one of a kind or really, really close to it. However, I'm unfortunately lacking numbers for crosses awarded for service jubilees... 

:(

Do you have additional information, and has this group been discussed before here or in a fellow German forum? With proper source material, which I don't have, this "simple" trio might even be attributable!

• 1 month later...
    On 21/06/2022 at 04:27, VtwinVince said:

I believe it's genuine, and have had it for many years.

To be honest, I have some reservations. First, I find it hard to imagine someone could spend 70 years in Prussian state service and receive just this one and only decoration. Second, the ribbons have a certain look that cause me some discomfort... sorry for being somewhat picky about it! 

:(