News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian State Security

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

"Best Employee of Correction Department"

From quick scan, I think this is a new one not seen in Battushig. It appears to have a nice place under this section.

I was pleasantly surprised by the size/weight of this award.

Thanks Jan - a section I don't look at that much.

Note, to avoid confusion, the scan I posted is not the actual size of the badge.

No other info known by me about badge.

Edited by Bob

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

OK, Bad Influences-- so these are not as :speechless1: as some of the "I'll trade you for a car" ones :speechless1: but

Has anybody seen a document for D10? And what IS D10, when D09 is a typical Soviet-type employee jubilee badge?

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

Yeiks :speechless1:

Alexei's supply is clearly also jacking up prices... look at the KGB badge he has on offer... nr 704... 1850 USD... boxed (but not specific to the badge).

I fear --and shall soon report in detail -- that the completely insane prices in the recently published price guide book will destroy the Ulanbaatar market is the book makes it out there.

• 7 months later...
    • 1 year later...
    • 1 year later...

And here an early documented one nr 94

Awarded to Jamsran in July 1937. The document has certainly not been safe in a drawer throughout its life. The photo of the recipient is removed. It appears that the writing on the booklet has been restored (perhaps the original inscription faded and the bearer himself restored the writing).The writing on the doc says: "Jamsran is awarded the Honorary badge of Ministry of Internal Affairs for successful participation in the struggle to suppress the anti-revolutionaries". The doc has the original stamp of the ministry of Internal affairs and date and number of the decree.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2011/post-679-0-76882700-1322030711.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2011/post-679-0-60920400-1322030723.jpg

• 1 month later...