News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Colonial medal on a Franco-Prussian medal bar

Dear forumites,

I would like to bid on this bar, but I am not so sure that the Colonial medal is the correct one for a German officer... it should be gilded, or not?

I really appreciate your inputs.

Cheers,

Claudio

C00062_d.jpg

C00062_A.jpg

C00062.jpg

Dear collecting friends,

No, I don't know yet who might have worn this bar, but I think it must have been a general.

I really like how it has been mounted and the conditions of the medals and the "Feuervergoldung" of the battle bars (Gefechtsspangen).

By the way there was a thread, I think of Rick (Lundström RIP), about these battle bars and the research by the combinations of these bars to a specific army corps. I can't find it; somebody could post here a link of this thread? Thank you.

Sincerely,

C

28 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Dear collecting friends,

No, I don't know yet who might have worn this bar, but I think it must have been a general.

Hello Claudio,

Didn't you received my Email yesterday?

I wrote an Email to you and there was also mentioned the name of the owner

Regards 

Karsten 

Edited by Leutwein

Right?

As Rick used to say:

-- but as ALWAYS in these cases, please anybody else do NOT post original wearer's name identification for any item up for sale while it is still for sale:

not only is that free/unearned data FOR some unknown seller's sole gain, but largely a waste of time for items which vanish into the Great Unknown anyway and are NOT brought home by Faithful Readers here.

Regards

Karsten

Edited by Leutwein

• 1 month later...

The medal bars have been sold, the first one without the Austrian orders in the end at Eur 3'700 + commission and the second one (the more interesting one, to me), Eur 8'000.- + commission.

My congratulations to the buyer.

Cheers,

Claudio

C00062.jpg

C00064.jpg

Edited by Claudio

The above bars are very interesting. An ID would be difficult as it is unknown  for which campaign the if the KO4X was awarded for. What color is the backing on each bar?

39 minutes ago, Paul C said:

The above bars are very interesting. An ID would be difficult as it is unknown  for which campaign the if the KO4X was awarded for. What color is the backing on each bar?

Both plain red... as usual for such late 19th century medal bars.

C

Edited by Claudio

54 minutes ago, Paul C said:

An ID would be difficult as it is unknown  for which campaign the if the KO4X was awarded for.

Paul, 

I am certainly happy who the owner of the bar with the Austro-Hungarian awards was.? By the way, it is a KO3X.

Regards

Glenn

Kolonie.jpg.526945de7d761866dd568d75a5eaa633.jpg