News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ulanen Regiment Württemberg - Major Karl Frhr von Röder (which UR?)

My oh my, I have rarely seen a picture with the Luxemburgian Order of the Gold lion of Nassau (second to last on the Schnalle). I might be wrong here, but I think this might be the rarest order on the medalbar.

150px-J.AE._van_Panhuys_%28gestorven_in_1907%29.jpg

Here is a picture of Johan van Panhuys who wears the commander grade of the order.

Edited by laurentius

• Claudio changed the title to Ulanen Regiment Württemberg - Major Karl Frhr von Röder (which UR?)

Claudio,

Here are two Stammlisten entries regarding Frhr. v. Röder.  The first is from Hus. R. 1 and the 2nd from Drag. R. 14.  He commanded the 27. Kav. Brig. until 19.10.1905.  Based on this information, he served in UR 19.  The HR 1 entry shows him having an EK2.  I think this is a mistake, as there is not evidence anywhere that he had an EK.

Andy

Röder, Karl Frhr. I.jpg

Röder, Karl Frhr. v. II.jpg

Edited by arb

23 hours ago, laurentius said:

My oh my, I have rarely seen a picture with the Luxemburgian Order of the Gold lion of Nassau (second to last on the Schnalle). I might be wrong here, but I think this might be the rarest order on the medalbar.

150px-J.AE._van_Panhuys_%28gestorven_in_1907%29.jpg

Here is a picture of Johan van Panhuys who wears the commander grade of the order.

Thank you Laurentius! Is the RK of the Luxembourg (Nassau?) Lion Order so big? It looks almost a Komtur cross being worn on the medal bar... 

Thank you Andy for your valuable information!???

Gentlemen, which order do you think it is on the forth last position from the right, the Maltese shapened cross with white enamel? For sure not the Wurttemburgian order of military merit, I thought maybe from the ribbon a Waldeck HO...

thanks again for your valuable and very appreciated comments.

ciao,

Claudio

6A46769A-7D24-4139-BC40-397DF27F224C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Claudio said:

Thank you Laurentius! Is the RK of the Luxembourg (Nassau?) Lion Order so big? It looks almost a Komtur cross being worn on the medal bar... 

It is a rather big award. Württemberg had a connection to the Netherlands, which untill 1890 was ruled in a personal union together with Luxembourg.

1 hour ago, Claudio said:

Gentlemen, which order do you think it is on the forth last position from the right, the Maltese shapened cross with white enamel? For sure not the Wurttemburgian order of military merit, I thought maybe from the ribbon a Waldeck HO...

I think you are correct here. Ribbon, shape and size all seem to check out for the Waldeck-Pyrmont Verdienstkreuz 3. Klasse.

Do you also know, by the photo if von Röder is wearing the red crimson Parade rabatt in the front or not. Furthemore which is the 4th medal from the left on the bar? It looks like a Württemberg medal, but which one?

Perhaps this list might be of some help.

His awards from the 1898 Prussian Rangliste- immediately after he left UR 19.

PRAO 4                 Preußen  Roter Adler 4. Kl.

HEK3                      Fürstl. Hohenzollern. Ehrenkeuz 3. Kl.

LH.EK2                  Lippe  Hausorden Ehrenkreuz 2. Kl

WV2                      Waldeck Militär Verdienstkreuz 2. Kl.

WK3c                     Württ. Kronenorden, Ritterkreuz

WF3a                     Württ. Friederichs Orden Ritterkreuz 1. Kl.

WMD1                  Würrt. Dienstauszeichnung 1. Kl.

JZ4                          Japan Orden d. heiligen Schatzes, Offizierkreuz

NgL4                      Nassau Hausorden vom goldenen Löwen 4. Kl.

RA2                        Russisch St. Annen Orden 2. Kl.

also, in the 1897 Württ. Rangliste he is shown as having the "silberne Jubiläums Medaille, " which does not show up in the Prussian Rangliste.

Andy

Great, high quality photo, and look how much enamel is on the Schnalle.

Since they will not close this files (as sometimes they do) - you can find a lot of good pics in our Archive of Stuttgart.

Fortunately they survived 1944.