News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

4 hours ago, Stogieman said:

3192 awarded like this, that’s pretty scarce. As long as I’ve floated in and out of collecting I can count on one hand the number I’ve seen, silver or bronze!

Hello Gents,

may I ask what the reasons were that makes it so scarce? Was it a small pool of potential Saxon recipients or a stringent criteria for its award amongst them?

tony🍻

9 hours ago, Farkas said:

Hello Gents,

may I ask what the reasons were that makes it so scarce? Was it a small pool of potential Saxon recipients or a stringent criteria for its award amongst them?

tony🍻

I agree can we have more information what makes it "rare bird"  Thanks

Good Morning!

195k and change awarded in bronze on the bravery ribbon and only 3,192 on the Friedensband . I m not sure how that word translates and I don’t know the criteria for award on this ribbon. But by sheer numbers a pretty rare medal 

• 4 weeks later...

very nice collection! Single bars are always great pieces! 

It seems to me that the medal the bar where removed, polished and cleaned and then returned to the ribbon, look at the holes above the bar and the threads above the medal eyelet,

but this is just a hunch

6 hours ago, 91-old-inf-reg said:

It seems to me that the medal the bar where removed, polished and cleaned and then returned to the ribbon, look at the holes above the bar and the threads above the medal eyelet,

but this is just a hunch

I agree with Vince. Also, why remove the bar and clean it, I for one would never clean a medal and remove the patina of100 years of handling and use. It always rings alarm bells for me when I see a medal without any sign of age or ware on it.

You say look at the holes above the bar! Well again that rings alarm bells, why take it off in the first place? My thoughts on the holes are that in fact the bar was added in order to get a higher price.

Just be careful iff your thinking of going for it.

Edited by Mike Huxley

1 hour ago, CRBeery said:

I think the top one was sold by a dealer for 1,000 euro.

Your probably right and this guy has added another 400 euro as his mark up. All the prices are going absolutely crazy at the moment. I think I'll stick with my British WWI collecting for the time being, at least they're named and easily researchable.