News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ed's Soviet Swamp

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 97
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, i am stunned. I am trying to find one award of the Afghanistan period and you come op with THREE GROUPS!!! :speechless1: Just fantastic, you are the master in finding good stuff(beside your other masters degrees ;) ). :cheers:

Congratulations to your fantastic new finds :beer:

Thanks, Gerd (and all). One thing that surprises me is that these recent awards can be researched, even for recipients who are still living. But maybe Tzar Putin's minions will put a stop to this (too)?

Until then . . . :beer::jumping::beer:

• 1 month later...

A new guest has arrived. A single Red Star. "Just" a single Red Star.

Awarded to Colonel Nikolai Ivanovich Vavenko in 1981. Awarded in a city named Kabul. Award cards for an earlier Red Star, this, and a posthumous Homeland 3 are in hand, recommendations being sought.

See also: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10376

:beer:

Edited by Ed_Haynes

I am speechless! I have been rendered into a mumbling mass infront of so many lovely groups.

Congratulations Ed!!! Fabulous!!!!

Jim :cheers:

Thanks, Jim. But it isn't "me" or "my collection" -- it is the people whose medals (and history) I have as my temporary guests, until (and I hope a long time off) they move on to other hands. This is why we OWE these things and PEOPLE our efforts at RESEARCH!

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Thanks, Jim. But it isn't "me" or "my collection" -- it is the people whose medals (and history) I have as my temporary guests, until (and I hope a long time off) they move on to other hands. This is why we OWE these things and PEOPLE our efforts at RESEARCH!

I might be still mumbling here..... but I cannot agree with you more than I do!!!

A toast gentlemen....

:cheers: I raise my glass to these lovely groups and their very their loving host! May we all respect our medals in the same way as Ed (and many ohers do!) In particular, may we keep groups together and not break them up for a missing variation or award as has been known to happen! :angry: This is the way it should be!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...