News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites

Here's is mine latest bar acquired in Gunzenhausen:

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914 am Kämpferband (OEK 1909), E gs/S
    • Preußen, Verdienstkreuz für Kriegshilfe, 1916-24 (OEK 1966), sv
    • Hohenzollern, Fürstlich Hohenzollernscher Hausorden, Ehrenkreuz 3. Klasse mit Krone und Schwertern (OEK 1035/3) S/Sv, Herst. Godet 938
    • Weimarer Republik, Deutsche Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkrieges (DN 2.02.17 a)
    • Preußen, Landwehr-DA 2. Klasse, Medaille 1913-1920 (OEK 1979), Ku
    • Kaiserreich Österreich-Ungarn, silbernes Verdienstkreuz

The Fürstlich Hohenzollernscher Hausorden 3rd class with crown and swords is nicely marked Godet.

Has anyone been in Gunzenhausen and would be so nice to show his finds?

Ciao,

Claudio

... and the back. Please note also the CEJ (C.E. Juncker, Berlin) markings on the reverse of the FEK (Hindenburg Cross).

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

how ever the best quality for your collection. ;o))

Greetings Mike

Thanks Matt, for your kind words...

Here another Godet bar I found...

Dear Claudio,

I really like this 3er medal bar. :lol: The Lifesaving Medal is difficult to find mounted.

You have the most comprehensive collection of Godet medal bars that I have ever come across.

Well done sir!! :cheers:

Best wishes

Matt

Hallo Claudio;

Two great medal bars! Is that a prinzengrosse Lifesaving Medal? And mounted reverse?

Do you have any insights as to why this was done? I believe it is because during the TR-period, portraits (silhouettes) of imperial royalty were out of favor.

Is that a prinzengrosse Lifesaving Medal? And mounted reverse?

No and no, that's the proper size and the king's portrait has always been the medals reverse.

Very nice finds, Claudio! Pity we didn't meet! I missed to meet some people I wanted to, just too much to look at and to much to talk too, and so few time. Next year, I'll be there as a seller. It should work better then!

:whistle:

@ Claudius: no, it's normal sized Rettungsmedaille (OEK 1867)... these medals were quite small.

Ahzo...I can see that now. Small indeed.

Obverse/reverse: I remembered seeing this medal being mounted portrait to the front and found those examples.

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/20354-prussian-officers-medal-bar-franco-prussian-war-1870-71/page__p__194923__hl__lifesaving__fromsearch__1#entry194923

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/14563-double-lifesaver/page__hl__lifesaving

@ Komtur: nice! Is it some sort of official or semi-official prussian award for long service (50 years) in the forestry domain?

@ Rujab: I think that I have seen that Miniatures chain on a table... beautiful combination, very likely researchable.

Ja, Rudi, schade... vielleicht das nächste Mal... ;)

Here another find (my brother's)... nothing from the Imperial era, but nonetheless in stone mint conditions and with a very nice and rarely seen tag on the reverse of the bar. Notice also the double folding of the ribbons' "rosetten" (bow). That's what I call quality. Therefore I am usually not so excited by huge bars, but so un-neatly sewn together.