News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show the best/most favorite item in your collection

• 10 months later...

Many of you may know me as a "ribbon bar guy" as well, so I want to surprise you with something completely different: The oldest piece of phaleristics in my collection! This goblet is from a set that was made for the then-knights of the Margrave Karl Wilhelm of Baden-Durlach's house order, the Fidelity order, in circa 1726.

This house order, later to be know as Baden's highest honour, has a special connection to my home town: Both Karlsruhe and the "Fidelitas-Orden" were founded not only on the same day but in one event, on June 17th, 1715. Up to this day, our city's coat of arms reads "FIDELITAS", the order's motto.

While the majority of the goblets surprisingly is still existing, only a very few are to "live" with mortal collectors like me, while the vast majority is part of the collection of the former ruling house of Baden, located at Schloss Salem. Mine, I think, is the only one that's technically "at home", in Karlsruhe.

:whistle:

pokal0.jpg

pokal1.jpg

pokal2.jpg

pokal3.jpg

pokal4.jpg

Edited by saschaw

Thanks for your feedback, BlackcowboyBS and VtwinVince! You probably would not believe how glad I was (and still am!) to obtain such a terrific piece of regional history for my modest Baden collection. It really does not always have to be a "bling" or a "gong"...

;)

On 11/01/2022 at 18:11, VtwinVince said:

No kidding, that Becher is incredible, amazing acid etching.

I'm actually not much into old glass and the techniques used, but I think all or most of the decor is indeed cut. Probably a Thuringian work, according to Prof. Lars Adler's work, while others suggested Bohemia.

• 2 weeks later...
    On 29/01/2022 at 17:48, VtwinVince said:

Great Nachlass Schwarzwald. I also have the Schnalle of an NCO recipient from 1870, Michael Marbacher. I believe there were 14 such awards.

---can you show me pictures?

I found 23 names. According to Henning Volle's new book, there should be 30.

On 29/01/2022 at 00:57, schwarzwald666 said:

I would like to introduce you to my best estate of recent times. Ebner is one of the very few who, as a non-commissioned officer, received the Order of the Zähringer Lion with Swords in 1870/71.1546368570_Ebner1870k(1).thumb.jpg.50ef149d86115ad7d2db31121f1c8c99.jpg

Ebner 1870 klein (4).jpg

Ebner 1870 klein (5).jpg

Ebner 1870 klein(6).jpg

Ebner 1870 k(7).jpg

Ebner 1870 k(9).jpg

Ebner 1870k (8).jpg

Ebner 1870 k (3).jpg

Ebner 1870 k(2).jpg

Baden items are definitely my favorite area of the imperial eras.