News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show the best/most favorite item in your collection

4 hours ago, Paul C said:

Those are some beautiful bars Claudio and Mike and thanks for posting them.

Mike to you know who your bar belonged to? What is the third decoration from the right?

Paul, those are Claudio’s beautiful bars! I tried to “quote” him. It didn’t quite turn out right. I wish they mine. Hell, I wish I could just touch them!  
    Mike

17 hours ago, Deruelle said:

Do you have a name for your medal bar with BV3?

Despite I'm not Claudio: The wearer of this terrific medal bar was the General der Infanterie Maximilian Sommer (1846-1925). It has already been shown and discussed here... and we were all part of it, in 2013. So long ago!

:whistle:

Beau Newman, that Ernestine house order for home front merits is amazing, thank you so much!

18 hours ago, Deruelle said:

Hi Claudio

Do you have a name for your medal bar with BV3? It is possible to have better photos of this medal. It is a very rare one. Thanks

Dear Christophe,

I think that you rather meant the first medal bar I posted, with the BMVO3KrX:

Generalleutnant a.D. Karl Wilhelm Arthur Otto von Fabeck:

Karl von Fabeck wurde am 6. Mai 1867 in Hannover geboren. Als Second-Lieutenant kam er im März 1887 zum Garde-Grenadier-Regiment 3. Über eine untergeordnete Tätigkeit im Großen Generalstab wurde er 1911 1. Adjutant des Chefs des Generalstabs und 1913 Abteilungs-Chef. Mit Ausbruch des 1. Weltkrieges wurde er Abteilungschef im Generalstab des Feldheeres und im März 1916 dann Kommandeur des Garde-Grenadier-Regiments 3, bei dem seine Karriere begann. In der Folge sollte er noch das Kommando über die 4. Garde-Infanterie-Brigade und die RW-Brigade 15 erhalten wie auch Mitglied des Reichsmilitärgerichts sein. Ende März 1921 wurde er verabschiedet und verstarb am 22. Juni 1957 in Bad Kissingen.

Laufbahn:

Kadett

Sec.Lt. i. Garde-Grenadier-Rgt. 3

i. Großen Generalstab

Chef 1. /  (7.bad.) Inf.Rgt. 142

1.Adjutant d. Chefs d. Generalstabs

Abt.-Chef i. Großen Generalstabs

Abt.-Chef i. Gen.St. d. Feldheeres

Kdr. Garde-Gren.Rgt. 3

Chef Gen.St. Gen.Kdo. VIII. Res.-Korps

Kdr. 4. Garde-Inf.-Brigade

Mitglied d. Reichsmilitärgerichts

Bfh. d. Inf. RW-Brigade 15

Infanterieführer III

verabschiedet

Patente / R D A :

Second Lieutenant   

Premier Lieutenant     

29.03.1900 P 

Hauptmann      

27.01.1907 V5v

Major

16.06.1913 Oo P

Oberstleutenant

24.07.1915 U

Oberst  

20.09.1918 H

Generalmajor 

I can show the reverse of the bar, but you can't get too much closer with the BMVO3 because it's quite tightly sewn to the bar.

Cordially

C

fullsizeoutput_118b.jpeg

Many thanks Claudio. I like the BV3 (I used to have one 15 years ago).  Do you  know the name of the officer who received this medal bar with Baden knight cross ? Thanks Claudio.

I'm still impressed by the quality of your collection. Congrats

18 minutes ago, Deruelle said:

Do you  know the name of the officer who received this medal bar with Baden knight cross ?

Christophe, are you ignoring my postings? It seems like... your question has already been answered, you're welcome!

:P

2 hours ago, saschaw said:

Despite I'm not Claudio: The wearer of this terrific medal bar was the General der Infanterie Maximilian Sommer (1846-1925). It has already been shown and discussed here... and we were all part of it, in 2013. So long ago!

:whistle:

Edited by saschaw

Gentlemen,

These are beautifull items that have been posted.

I'm more of a ribbon bar and insignia person, although my most favorite object actually
    does not really fit these categories. This buttonhole piece is actually my most
    favorite object. It represents one of the higher classes of a red eagle order as indicated
    by the oakleaves (and indicating prior receipt of the next lower class),
    and the swords and black and white ribbon for war merit. I aso use it as my avatar ?

Would like to see more of these, I don't see these so often.

Best,

Peter

2000000262280-001.jpg

2000000262280-002.jpg

Hello Friends, 

As I sm a ribbon bar freak too, I would like to show you one of my favourites.

It is a Godet made piece and was worn by Colonel Christian von Pentz, son-in-law of Field Marshal von Hindenburg.

In WW1, the then-Rittmeister von Pentz served as Hindenburgs Adjutant.

Best,

Daniel

20200413_135308.jpg

Hi Daniel,

What a beauty. Can you tell me  for which order is the Bulgarian ribbon please. Thanks

Christophe

18 hours ago, saschaw said:

Christophe, are you ignoring my postings? It seems like... your question has already been answered, you're welcome!

My apologise Sascha. I have forgotten this topic. Like I do not collect Baden orders since 15 years. I have completely forgotten it. Sorry. Thanks for the answer.

4 hours ago, drspeck said:

This buttonhole piece is actually my most
    favorite object

Hi Peter, it is the first time I see such beauty. Congrats

Very nice pieces shown so far!

I really like this austrian golden merit cross with crown. It's a nice variation. 

22d9069c42b8cb4813b4952c5eab0484c.thumb.jpg.ce0ea17eb4e05f880cb857e5346389b1.jpg

5138a399b63b38e544385a913e5e6a251.thumb.jpg.865bab32c2977b533c98e7fefa1bbe6f.jpg

The von Pentz ribbon bar is stunning, for shure one of the best ones out there!

My favorite ribbon bar is this one to Oberstleutnant Gerog Hoffmann (wasn't it once yours Deruelle?)

540846_1567256636-1280x828_width_50.jpg?_=1567256636

Kind regards!

1 hour ago, Utgardloki said:

My favorite ribbon bar is this one to Oberstleutnant Gerog Hoffmann (wasn't it once yours Deruelle?)

You are right, it was mine. I'm happy that it has found a good new home.

Christophe

• 1 month later...

My precious is certainly this 1870 Schnalle. I got it after tough bidding some years ago. It was priceless for me cause I had inherited a miniature chain with the exact combination +1 , so what would have been the chances had I not pressed harder...IMG-20140613-00650.thumb.jpg.0a39a44bf7b5570f03fe603b1055b1a4.jpg

On 01/04/2020 at 16:21, JohanH said:

My favourite piece with a connection to Germany is this medalbar.

P1030981.thumb.jpg.0a17f91fa780ecb95846c2ca80c6a949.jpg

But my favourite piece in all categories is this Finnish medal. 

The merit cross of the white wall of Ingria, only awarded twice (2 times!). 

This one was never awarded and is unfortunately damaged in the enamel. 

P1030982.thumb.jpg.5bf25cb6e362dc3b7979b073c63b5b31.jpg

Hi Johan,

Can you show the reverse of your Ingria cross? Many thanx in advance!