News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Tilo,

did You buy it? I think I know who it is.

Gr??e

Daniel

Hi Daniel, unfortunately I didn?n buy it. It was on Ebay and I made only a copy for my archive because of the above showed Komtur cross. But I?d like to know...

Gr?sse!

Komtur,

Oberstleutnant z.D. Georg v. Schroeder (as identified by Daniel), formally Bezirkskommandeur Detmold. Awarded the Ehrenkreuz 2. Klasse on 26 April 1905. He retired as Bezirkskommandeur Detmold on 22 May 1905 and is not listed in the 1905 Rangliste with this order. He was awarded the EK2 as a Sekonde-Lieutenant in Pommersches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 2. Formerly the Abteilungs-Kommandeur of III./1. Westf?lisches Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 7, he was placed "zur Disposition" on 15 June 1898 with the charakter of Oberstleutnant and appointed as Bezirkskommandeur Soest on 20 July 1898. He was transfered to Detmold shortly afterwards (date not published).

Regards

Glenn

Guest Rick Research

von Schroeder was born in Kolberg 19 October 1847 (Detmold Roll). His "invisible" awards were RAO3mSchl, KO3, XXV, 70/71, Pr 66, and 1897.

• 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

No, it went away for more than 10 years but has come back here to live again.

Guest Rick Research

But you were supposed to go look through all the receipts at the Archive !!!!!! :P

How about these guys, home in Detmold on leave in March 1918-- the Unteroffizier and Vizefeldwebel in Hessian Life Guard Infantry Regiment 115 ( :speechless1: ) and the sender in IR 457-- Wehrmann St?lting. :rolleyes:

St?lting and the Vizefeldwebel both have an EK2 and LKr. Vizefeldwebel has no HT, can't see the 2nd ribbon on the Uffz's ribbon bar clearly--just the cipher on his shoulder strap ID'ing their unit. WHAT on EARTH were they (VII AK homeboys) doing in the XVIII AK Hessian Guards????????

St?lting and the Vizefeldwebel both have an EK2 and LKr. Vizefeldwebel has no HT, can't see the 2nd ribbon on the Uffz's ribbon bar clearly--just the cipher on his shoulder strap ID'ing their unit. WHAT on EARTH were they (VII AK homeboys) doing in the XVIII AK Hessian Guards????????

Hi Rick,

may I introduce Wilhelm Hackemack from Detmold to you?

I have some of his papers (incl. the WW2-"Wehrpass"), showing the entries "Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse" and Lippische Verdienstmedaille".

Hackemack got the military merit medal Lippe-Detmold and I think your guys, too :D

Please compare the wearing of the ribbon...

@RaZpuTiN

Very nice cross! It looks like silver guilted...a late cross from WW1, right?

Best regards

Solomon

@RaZpuTiN

Very nice cross! It looks like silver guilted...a late cross from WW1, right?

Best regards

Solomon

Yes, i would also take it for an late war example. This was the first cross of the Lippe-Detmolds Hausorders that I had the pleasure to fiddle with hands on, of course with the mandatory cottongloves.

Unfortunatly somebody with a bigger wallet wanted it more than me.

The hardships are plentyful when in the arms of higher education, i'll just have to bide my time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

this photo drives me crazy! Probabely you have seen it before... :speechless1:

This bavarian guy (a noncombatant) is wearing a house-order 2nd class, house-order 3th class on his "Frackspange" and a NC-war merit cross Lippe-Detmold.

This picture was taken in Munich, surely after 1918 (Kyffh?user-medal on the bar).

I have no idea, who this man was...and there is no hint on him.

Does anybody have additional hints?

Best regards

Roman

Could it possibly be Otto Ritter von Str??enreuther?

Hmm, I don?t know. I can?t find in the award-lists of Lippe.

Do you have further information about Ritter von Str??enreuther?

Best regards

Roman