News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 195
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Thanks for your efforts. I thought it might have been Metzengerder or Metzengerdes. So very similar to your interpretations. :)

Hi all,

I have just found a Lt dR Friedrich-August Metjengerdes, born 20.3.1884 in Waddewarden, Jever. He is listed as being wounded in early 1917 according to the Verlulisten. Probably the same man? Thanks guys - and thanks for sharing your terrific photo!

Edited by Mattyboy

• 2 years later...
    On 27/10/2005 at 17:49, Chris Boonzaier said:

July 1918

AQAQ_010.jpg

AQAQ_010.jpg

Gerhard Tappen ,born 1866 died 1953 ,as Colonel was the Chief of Operations of the German High Command at the outbreak of the war first under von Moltke, then under Falkenhayn. he rose to Generalmajor in 1916 and served in the Mackensen Group .later he commanded the 5th Ersatz Division an since September 1917 the 15th Infantry Division.in 1939 he received the character of a General der Artillerie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Glenn,
    Thanks a lot. His (Erich Poser's) medals and some paper documents were sold a while ago - unfortunately the seller only showed part of his Kriegsstammrolle. It didn't show his WW1 postings and although the auction house contacted the buyer on my behalf, I never received any reply sadly....

Edited by Mattyboy

• 4 weeks later...
    On 29/01/2019 at 20:24, Chris Boonzaier said:

Hi,

am I correct with Waffe nmeister Jakob Coberger ? 22nd Bavarian Infantry Regiment? For some reason there is no Ancestry entry for him ?waf.thumb.jpg.61a67ee591d0be32e931c842c8ee90a8.jpgwaf2.jpg.873e7c72de076554ae8566cd82a8a246.jpg

What a wonderful photo, Chris!

Could you please show a close-up of the helmet, the upper cross and the shoulder-straps?

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I know this is not ww1- sorry, sorry, if not wanted mods please erase and I will start a separate thread!, but I would nonetheless appreciate any help on this signature (This one bothered me for some time now).

Picture taken in Stuttgart ca. 1885, french officer, veteran of the mexican campaign.

All in all an obviously valiant soldier - but, boy, what a messy handwriting! Looking forward tor reading from you.

Cheers

ArHo

DSC01091a.jpg

Edited by ArHo