News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

Thought I would show some recent purchases. Nothing really rare but nice all the same!

First off, an Oldenburg non-combatant ribbon bar. I'm not sure if the middle two are an RAO and a PKO or a long service and allgemeines ehrenzeichen, but leaning towards the former:

598682_487597607962903_1972253845_n.jpg

577057_487597671296230_2069880961_n.jpg

Another medal bar still on the way, mounted in saxon style and in need of some restoration!. I'm thinking Brunswick KVK, Saxon FAM in silver (due to number of awards it is more likely for an NCO) and a Bulgarian Soldier's Cross for Bravery (gold or silver?)

578078_487600414629289_978386031_n.jpg

64757_487600407962623_815227850_n.jpg

Thanks for your comments! The Saxon bar has arrived and I'm starting to restore it. There are several possbilities that could go on the last ribbon, but I'm thinking that the Bulgaria Bravery Cross is the most likely as the merit medal seemed to have been awarded to rear area types? The medals seem not even to have bee sewn in, but rather the ribbon ring placed through the narrow opening at the bottom of the trifold and, being larger, preventing the medals from falling out.

Matthew

484096_489225474466783_1664679568_n.jpg

All very exciting additions!

For the bar above, hard to say precisely what class Bulgarian Soldiers Bravery Cross, if that's what it was, accompanied it---most likely a 4th class. Bulgarian published sources emphasize very low award numbers for gilt ones [lst and 2nd class]. 'Silver' ones [3rd & 4th class] were relatively often awarded to allies. For Bulgarians and---in theory---others, the lst & 3rd class would have a bow on the ribbon. If a Saxon medic owned this bar, the Bulgar Bravery cross [if a statutory piece] would be without swords--nearly impossible to find an original whatever the class.

If a Merit Medal on Bravery ribbon, then most likely 5th [bronze with crown] or 6th [bronze] class. Next candidates are 4th [silver] or least likely 3rd [silver with crown] class. First and 2nd classes are probably rarer than 'medical' Bravery Crosses.

Edited by 922F