News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

That Eagle is a beauty. I had a cased gold 3rd class once.

Mine. I made this up for a project on v. Richthofen. All the medals have been returned to their original ribbons and boxes. This medal bar is no more.................... :(

BRUNSWICK.

Order of Henry the Lion. Steckkreutz

Certainly not the rarest, but one of the most elegant badges of the Imperial German States series.

Regards

Veteran

Edited by Veteran

Thanks, Ed, your group is pretty nice too (the owner probably had a much harder time earning those than my diplomat :) )

I got my diplomat's Romanian Order of the Crown (Commander) too, but didn't get his Austrian Franz Josef Order (Commander) or his Polish Polonia Restituta (Grand Cross). Too bad they were auctioned off as single lots :(

His Danish Dannebrog (Commander) was returned and his Greek Order of Phoenix (GC) and Russian St. Anne (3. class) was not at the auction so who knows where they are...

/Mike

This is my favourite Imperial Bar

Ed,

I love that Imperial 1813 bar!! It is amazing.

Scott,

That must be the oldest recipient of a combattant 1914EK2!! I am assuming that he was a doctor?

Here is my favorite bar. It is not grandiose in size, but it is a "Cadillac" piece to me!

That Eagle is a beauty. I had a cased gold 3rd class once.

Mine. I made this up for a project on v. Richthofen. All the medals have been returned to their original ribbons and boxes. This medal bar is no more.................... :(

What a Wonderful bar...I suppose that she has been a little expensive........... (I?m feeling very greedy..and jealous)

Congrats

Miguel

I begin a new topic : please show your favorite order or medal of your collection !

Thanks !

I think that this my prefered one

WW2 group of 9 for Dragoon Officer, Hero of the winter

war battles in Summa.

-Cross of Liberty 3rd class 1941 w/oak leaves

-Cross of Liberty 3rd class 1941

-Cross of Liberty 4th class 1939

-Winter war medal w/ bar SUMMA & swords

-Continuation war medal 1941-1944

-Golden medal of Merit of the Union of Finnish Reserve Officers

-Blue Cross

-Summa Battle cross, numbered as issued

-Dragoon Brigades cross

Is this not a bit like asking ?Which of your children do you love the most??. Unfortunately my ?favorite? full sized pieces do not live here at home and I can not seem to find file photos of them at the moment. The call has gone out and they will be here in a couple of days.

Meanwhile, I will go with the little guys. First is a single piece which I have selected, not because of it?s status; but because of the quality of the workmanship which is one of the main attractions of minis.

It's difficult to say... one of these three!

There're also other bars that I am very attached, like the first ones I bought over 20 years ago... Sometimes I am very sentimental! ;)

Ciao,

Claudio

I?m wordless...Caro Claudio...Dove trovate questa meraviglia??

Miguel

Claudio

Lovely groups. Am I right to assume that the mounting of the first shown would point toward a member of the Imperial Navy ? The position of the EK on the right would mean the orders were worn obliquely from upper to lower and left to right.

Could you confirm ?

Regards

Veteran