Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Hi Jacky,

Per your request, below is a picture of the reverse of the star in post #48. With regard to your question as to the value, I can only point out that a similar star, but by Siebrecht, sold at Andreas Thies auction last Saturday for 2800 Euro plus 23% commission.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the very kind comments and compliments.

Jacky - The star, which is rather highly vaulted, measures 84,5 mm.

The rest of the kids arrived home for the weekend today - pictures to follow; and Marc, we can?t say all, The Holy Grail is still out there. Stay tuned.

Wild Card

There are still a number of variations missing. I can not fill all of the gaps; but there are a few that we can cover. First, we have a grand cross with swords through the center.

middle.

At the risk of duplicating the piece shown in post #16, here is an officer?s cross with silver swords that inadvertently came home for the weekend with the others.

Break out those horses!!!

IPB Image

Well Marc, you asked for it. Now, I?ve got all of these darned little white horses running around. Got to round them up, get them into the corral and the back to their various ?ranches?.

Thank you all for your interest and contributions to this thread, :beer:

Wild Card

WC,

That last cross with sword has goosebumps up my arms! Just awesome. Thanks for sharing. Nice to play post something from a state, especially when their stuff is so gorgeous.

Marc

OK here is my NOT stunning only Braunschweig piece...sorry to add something not as beautiful as the previous...but it's all I got!

OK here is my NOT stunning only Braunschweig piece...sorry to add something not as beautiful as the previous...but it's all I got!

Hi Sal,

Gee. I wouldn?t be so quick to knock your cross. I think that these crosses are, in their design, a classic reflection of their time; and their execution is usually of the highest level.

Take a look at post #25. The minor variations in design and finish are very interesting and it is unfortunate that so few are marked; making the various makers, as far as I know, virtually impossible to identify.

I still say that?s a pretty darned nice cross you have there, :cheers:

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Thanks I appreciate that...I agree...simple elegance...the design speaks for the cross with no need for bells and whistles...hopefully more will be coming to my home soon.

My Best

Sal

Hi Sal,

Gee. I wouldn?t be so quick to knock your cross. I think that these crosses are, in their design, a classic reflection of their time; and their execution is usually of the highest level.

Take a look at post #25. The minor variations in design and finish are very interesting and it is unfortunate that so few are marked; making the various makers, as far as I know, virtually impossible to identify.

I still say that?s a pretty darned nice cross you have there, :cheers:

Best wishes,

Wild Card

My humble offering: Brunswick 92nd Regiment

You just have to love the design of this Medal :love: Great Example!

Sal, thats a nice 1st class :beer:

Edited by Gerd Becker

Thanks Gerd...I love the powerful statement it makes with such a simple design...

You just have to love the design of this Medal :love: Great Example!

Sal, thats a nice 1st class :beer: