News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've been reorganising after moving earlier this year, and thought this group might be of interest. It belonged to Major Jordan of the Landwehr-Fussartillerie and came out of the woodwork years ago from the USA. Since Jordan died in 1945 in Thuringia, I believe these items were souvenired by US forces prior to the area being taken over by the Soviets.

jordan1.jpg

OK, I'll get some more photos. The fob is Ukrainian, so must have been a souvenir. The small sword was a student's presentation piece and is engraved to Jordan. Chris, along with the sword the combination of awards is unique.

Dear Simius Rex, 

Can you kindly provide a link to the article I wouldn't mind reading the article and further  expanding my knowledge.

Thank You,

Chuck 

Hi

Very nice group. Have you got the first name of the Major Jordan. He received the SE3X  from Schwarzburg Rudolstadt on 9 december 1914 as Hauptmann.

It is interesting to see that Jordan has never worn the Hindenburg cross on his medal bar, even if he died in 1945.

Simius has right about the Hohenzollern device.

Christophe

11 hours ago, Simius Rex said:

Here is a picture of your Crown Order device from an online research article.  Like I said, it is extremely scarce.  If you were to display the ribbon bar without the corresponding medal bar, knowledgeable collectors would think it represents a Crown Order with swords.  A few years back, I was bidding on a ribbon bar with this very same device.  The bidding went nuts and the bar sold for an obscene amount of money.  Simi.   

Crown Order with X Device.jpg

Interesting, thanks for pointing this out!

18 hours ago, Simius Rex said:

My pleassure.  That's what we're all here for... to learn things from each other.  I've picked-up quite a few things from reading your posts, as well !! Simi.

I'm pleased to hear that I've been able to return the pleasure, thanks Simi.

i wonder if our major jordan had a dueling scar to complement his schlager sword memento...

....also, i wish i knew more about that 25-year veterans cross. i have several examples for different service levels (25/50), in different sizes, and in silver or gold finish, with red or green on the central disc. all made by "r. conrad, weimar"