News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Database with photos of officers showing their knight cross with X of Hohenzollern

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Siegfried Heine had the following assignments:

22.04.1914 Adjutant der 27. Infanteriebrigade
    06.01.1915 Führer der 6. / Infanterieregiment 256
    05.10.1915 Adjutant des VIII. Armeekorps
    01.08.1917 Kommandeur des I. / Leibgrenadierregiment 8
    27.05.1918 im Kriegsministerium
    09.04.1920 ausgeschieden

On 05/09/2021 at 12:28, Mattyboy said:

Here is another HOH3x winner. Not sure what the thingy is next to his EK1.... 

Hoh3x (wolfsbur - 203552314725).jpg

what the.jpg

A very strange thing , the man wears what looks like a Infantry Kunftigefriedens uniform , Field grey with red collar and brandenburg cuffs piped in white but with the Rank Insignias of a Oberleutnant in the Provisional Reichswehr , the stripes on the cuffs and the Shoulder cords or more properly achselschlinge , he too carries a Prussian officer Pickelhaube .

On 05/09/2021 at 17:28, Mattyboy said:

Not sure what the thingy is next to his EK1.... 

It is a rare photo of an Oberleutnant of the Vorläufige Reichswehr, the thingy is a FREIKORPS-badge, possibly Freikorps Faupel. But I wouldn´t vouch for it. It might also be a Freilorps-Formation from the former 5th Armeekorps (thanks Andy).

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

• 2 weeks later...
    12 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

A very stern-looking man. The 3rd & 4th medals appear to be identical, to my untrained eye. Does anyone know what awards these are on his ribbon bar? 

My guess would be SA3aX, SA3bX, but I can't say that for sure.

Hauptmann Wilhelm Baumbach.

Does anyone know details about his career post 1933?

123 Hauptmann Wilhelm Baumbach.jpg

Edited by Nicolas7507

Hi,

can´t say anything post 1933, he is not listed in Career Summaries - Luftwaffe Officers 1935 - 1945. The photo seems to have been taken after May 1919, or if he already wears the Adler-Kokarde, after Oct. 1919. He seems to have come from an artillery unit before he joined the Luftstreitkräfte. Maybe he served with a Artillerie-Flieger unit and after the war as Artillerie-Offizier.

Best,

GreyC

Edited by GreyC

Thanks! The photo has to be from 1925 or later as he was promoted to Hauptmann on 01.05.1925.

00.00.1928 Hauptmann im 2. Artillerie-Regiment.

I think he was promoted to Major in the early 1930s, after that I lost him. No entries in Heer sources, too.

Maybe he never made it into the Wehrmacht? I know that there are files at the Bundesarchiv for Wehrmachtsoffiziere, I don´t know if officers who served with the Reichswehr only have also been preserved. Maybe worth a try searching there.

GreyC

17 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

A very stern-looking man. The 3rd & 4th medals appear to be identical, to my untrained eye. Does anyone know what awards these are on his ribbon bar? 

Hi Matt, it seems to be the Albert Orden 2nd and 1st class. Next is the Verdienst Orden

Christophe

Hello!

I can add an unknown officer of Reiter-Regiment 11 (post-war-era).

Reiter-Rgt. 11 (Traditionsabzeichen Ulanen-Rgt. 15, kgl. Hausorden Hohenzollern 3.Kl. m. Schwertern).JPG

Then I have Lt. Jakob Schön from bavarian 22.Inf.Rgt. with badge of bavarain 11th Army and Hohenzollern ribbon.

b.22.Inf.Rgt. (Lt. Jakob Schön, EKI, EKII, MVO, fürstl. Hausorden Hohenzollern m. Schwertern, Verbandsabzeichen b.11. Armee).jpg

and Major Kurt v. Plüskow, bataillon-commander of Jg.Btl.8

Jg.Btl. 8 (Major Kurt v. Plüskow, Btl.Kdr., Hausorden Hohenzollern Schwerter).jpg

Edited by The Prussian

On 29/09/2021 at 09:33, Nicolas7507 said:

My guess would be SA3aX, SA3bX, but I can't say that for sure.

It is

HOHX (14.11.1917)

SH3 (02.06.1917)

SA3bX (27.12.1916)

FAK2 & FAK1 (16.02.1918)