Gentleman's Military Interest Club

It is interesting, or at least different, that von Udesom is wearing the sash and grand cross of the British Royal Victorian Order.

Dear people,

I want to share my photograph of Oberstleutnant Georg Sick with two other officer I dont know and my greatgrandfather in the background. I was told that he was Oberst Sick's butler or servant. I welcome any comments or info you might have in regards of this image. 

thanks

Andi

gsick.jpg

That's so great that your grandpa was there. Did you get any good stories from his time in ww1?

I never met my grandfather unfortunately. I am trying to piece his story together, I only have some pictures and some writing on the back of them. This forum has been great help so far!!

:?)

I can only place him to some place names and dates, plus he must have been with Georg Sick as his servant.

places: Carvin in August in 1916, Moorslede 6.11.1916,  Lille 14.8.1917 with the 81 infantry regiment according to text on the back of photographs.

I looked it up that and thought that places him with the 163 schleswig holsteiner regiment? Do you think so?

Andi