News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Queen Elizabeth II RIP

• azyeoman changed the title to Queen Elizabeth II RIP

Yes truly a sad day and turn of an era! May her Mayesty rest in piece, now laying besides her beloved husband. My thoughts are with the british people and the family of H.R.M. 

But just one remark to the theme starter, Louis XIV was even longer on his throne than ER II. 

From a phaleristic point of view of the Orders of British India have now ceased to exist, as she was the last living recipient of the Order of the Crown of India; and unless there is a 100+ year old St Paul's choir boy lstill living she was probably the last living recipient of the 1935 Jubilee and possibly the 1937 Coronation medal, certainly the last recipient of the George V and George VI royal  family jewelled decoration.

Paul

Re black Cowboy, Louis XIV was only 4 when he became king, EIIr was 25

7 hours ago, paul wood said:

From a phaleristic point of view of the Orders of British India have now ceased to exist, as she was the last living recipient of the Order of the Crown of India; and unless there is a 100+ year old St Paul's choir boy lstill living she was probably the last living recipient of the 1935 Jubilee and possibly the 1937 Coronation medal, certainly the last recipient of the George V and George VI royal  family jewelled decoration.

Paul

Re black Cowboy, Louis XIV was only 4 when he became king, EIIr was 25

Paul, interesting facts, indeed! Thanks for them. Coming back to Louis, but formally he was king, so he sat longer on his throne than H.R.M ER II. 

PS: I really hoped that she was able to break his record, but I guess Covid and the aftermath of it have cost H.R.M. two years of her life. 

1 hour ago, paul wood said:

I think the loss of her partner of 73 years was the beginning of the end. She went down hill rapidly after  his dearh.

P

The behaviour of her ginger grandson and his wife was also a contributing factor as well. What a way to treat a a little old lady who gave so much for us all.       Pete.

50 minutes ago, SillyOldGrandad said:

The behaviour of her ginger grandson and his wife was also a contributing factor as well. What a way to treat a a little old lady who gave so much for us all.       Pete.

I agree; there is no excuse for the way they treated her. 

4 hours ago, Marcon1 said:

On a more sunny note - think of all the new medals that will appear with King Charles III effigy !!!!!

And all the badges to be changed , all those with Her Majesty Cipher 

RIP Her Majesty after 70 years of dedicated service to Great Britain and the Commonwealth 

Bob, I think you have confused Edward with Andrew. While Edward is as much use as a dead haddock on an umberella tip, he was not involved with Epsrein, I agree the ginger whinger and his appaling wife were extremely vexacious to HMQ.

P

2 hours ago, paul wood said:

Bob, I think you have confused Edward with Andrew. While Edward is as much use as a dead haddock on an umberella tip, he was not involved with Epsrein, I agree the ginger whinger and his appaling wife were extremely vexacious to HMQ.

P

Aha, yes, mixed up.

Personal and family reasons kept me offline in the days when H.M. the Queen Elizabeth II passed away, thus being this late.

I would like to express my sorrow to all the fellow members of GMIC from the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth.

Enzo Calabresi, Italy

• 1 month later...